Electrical & Lights auto headlight adjustment

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by dennismate, Monday 30th Dec, 2013.

1. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    when I have my headlights set to auto they seem to be on all the time unless I'm driving into direct sunlight, does anyone know if there is an adjustment for the light threshold or do I have a fault with the car? my last 8th Generation didn't do this

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Your Auto setting is fine.

The winter sun is not as bright/strong as the summer, so the lights do come on - same on my 4th Generation CR-V too. Easy solution - don't leave on Auto setting. Not sure there is a threshold adjustment available - never seen one personally.

3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^ 100% agree with TDK.

Mine is fine in the Summer (although occasionally gets caught out by shadows) but at this time of year I leave the auto "off."

Previous cars with auto lights were either the same as this (Renault) or went the other way i.e. took far too long to come on in the Winter (VW).

4. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    Ironically today, I was driving about in the pouring rain and poor visibility with them switched to Auto expecting them to come on and they didn't come on once, until I pulled into a multistorey.

Think I'll ditch auto mode and just stick to manual.

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Auto settings (lights) are optimised for summer, not winter sadly. Endemic of most cars.