Electrical & Lights Auto Lights & Wipers

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by JG', Friday 22nd Feb, 2013.

1. JG' Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I've got a ES GT so not got the above. Has anyone looked in to retro fitting them before?

I'm lazy and really missing them :lol:

Thanks

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Surely can't be that hard to flick a light switch/wipe switch on? :Wink:

You'd need a fair few sensors and wiring looms and a lot of effort. Nothing that can't be overcome with patience/skill of course - but for the angst you'd have to go through, you may as well get an EX and be done with it.

3. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    DarkKnight is right: everything 'can' be done. But asking me: simply not worth it.
    Your dashboard (?), pillartrims and ceiling need to be removed. Than you must indeed install the wiring looms, windowsensors, and new switch.
    For that effort, money, time.... you might indeed better trade her in for one that has this equipment standard.

4. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

As the others say there isnt a viable retrofit option.

I always find auto wipers and light a bit frustrating, always on at the wrong times, or too slow to start.

5. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    I do like the autowipers, but for the lights: you're right. I never use the auto-setting.

6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Both wipers and HIDs have been fine for me.

Depends on the weather condition and the parameters set by the sensors which then activate the function. I have found it odd sometimes that when the sun is still up, it is somehow dark enough for the sensor to turn on the headlights. Doesnt bother me, but it is odd - very little consistency - but then with the crappy weather we have in this rip-off nation, what else can we "expect".

7. JG' Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ah fair enough, thought maybe the wiring might be in place already.

8. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sadly this is not the case.

Wiring only in place if the said model requires it, nothing surplus I'm afraid.

9. Jay2512 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Walsall
    I found the Accord auto wipers a bit erratic at times and simply switched them manually. As for the lights, sure people thought I kept flashing them everytime I passed under a bridge/flyover on the motorway.

Didn't realise this kit wasn't standard across the Accord range...... seems a given on most cars these days. Certainly not worth the hassle of pulling the dash to pieces.

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That's odd I find my auto wipers have all always been spot on. Never really switch them off.

11. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Agree about the auto wipers - seem fine, always on auto for me.

Also agree about the lights - seem to get caught out by shadows far too easilyon those rare sunny days...so generally leave on manual.

12. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ditto on the autolights/wipers.

Never had any issue to be honest. Work just how mother nature intended :Thumbup:

13. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Auto Lights & Wipers

Both work well in my opinion but during the bad weather when I covered my windscreen I had to remember to remove the cover before putting my keys in the ignition as the wipers decided to remove it for me!
    Mike c

14. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    auto wipers on the accord are the best out of the last 2 cars I've had them on (Pugeot - Ford) but auto head lights - never liked it on any car, go into a multi-storey C.P. in daylight and they're on - just annoys me!!!