Engine & Gearbox Auto transmission behaviour

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Old Cruiser, Thursday 16th Apr, 2015.

1. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    here's one for the Auto transmission boys! e.g. when stopped in traffic with engine fully warmed up there is this sort of jerkiness (kinda feel like your moving back and forth in the seat so to speak!) when I let off the brake pedal and let the car creep without touching the gas pedal, can be more noticeable if car is on a slight incline, first thoughts are that maybe it's an combination of the car trying to roll back slightly and the transmission pushing you forward as it were, would be interested to know others thoughts on this.
    Cheers Pete

2. speeding_ant Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

NZ
    Don't notice that, but I do notice the car creeps along in 'increments' after releasing the brake (i.e., not smooth).

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Pete, does your car idle smoothly in Park or Neutral.

It kind of sounds to me that you have an idle issue. That could be anything from ignition coils, spark plugs, dirty EGR, TB issue, TPS maybe.

Have a look at your engine idling and see how it is.

hondream likes this.
  4. hondream Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Simon Walsall
    Exactly what i was thinking.

5. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    I think speeding_ant has explained it better than my waffling!!LOL that's what it seems to be, also the idling is pretty smooth in fact with the air-con on , sometimes wonder if the car has cut out!!LOL