Reviews Autobrite Snow Foam Lance and Valet PRO pH Neutral Snow Foam - Dual Review

Discussion in 'Member's Reviews' started by RogerH69, Sunday 8th Mar, 2015.

1. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    After seeing some videos online about how good snow foam can be, I went ahead and bought the official Karcher Snow Foam Lance to go with my Karcher K2 Compact pressure washer. I used Demon Snow Foam, and Valet Pro ph Neutral Snow Foam with the Karcher foam lance.

The Demon Snow Foam, in my opinion, is a waste of money, as it has a panel time of about 2 minutes, before it's all run off.
    (See my update below about Demon Snow Foam)

I then tried the Valet Pro pH Neutral Snow Foam, and though this did have a longer panel time, the snow foam was not as thick as I'd seen in videos online.

So, after the negative experiences above, I will admit I wasn't expecting much today when I went out to test my new Autobrite Snow Foam Lance.

I'm happy to say I was pleasantly surprised, both with the lance itself, as well as the Valet Pro snow foam.

Autobrite Snow Foam Lance -

The pictures below show the Autobrite Snow Foam Lance.
    68150_20150307_191840. 68151_20150307_191929.
    68152_20150307_191944. 68153_20150307_191959.

Looking at the long feeder tube, the filter on the end of the tube, the metal bottle cap, as well as the adjustable nozzle (more on this below) and mixture strength dial, this looks to be of a high quality build.

And for those of us that take detailing just a little bit too seriously, this sticker is on the bottle...
    68149_20150307_161701.

The foam lance comes with the Karcher K series compatible adaptor already connected, so it is ready to go with a Karcher K series pressure washer. If you have a different make washer, ensure you get the lance with the relevant adaptor attached.
    Valet Pro pH Neutral Snow Foam -

The Valet Pro comes in a 1 litre bottle (5L bottle also available), with instructions of what mixture to use, depending on the washer type you are using (pressure washer or hand held applicator)

For a pressure washer, it says to mix 300ml of soap with 700ml of water in the foam lancer bottle.

Not much else to say about the Valet Pro itself, except to point out (as the name indicates) that it's pH Neutral, which not all snow foams are.
    Using them together -

As the foam lance has a 1L bottle, I used the recommended mixture, and then set the mixture strength dial on the foam lance all the way 'down' (thickest foam). I say 'down' because you need to turn it in the direction of the '-' symbol.

I then adjusted the nozzle on the foam lance to see the different types of sprays it produces.

The three spray types for the nozzle are -

Horizontal spray
    IMG_20150308_115454.

Single jet
    IMG_20150308_115532.

Vertical spray (this looks like it isn't foaming as I had run out of mixture when I took this picture - sorry)
    IMG_20150308_115728.

I'm not sure what you would use each of the spray types for, but I found that the single jet of foam seemed to produce a slightly thicker foam. The horizontal spray seemed to produce a 'scattered' horizontal spray pattern, while the vertical spray produced a vertical, much narrower 'targeted' spray pattern.

For my car, I mostly used the vertical spray pattern, moving slowly across the car. This worked a treat, and the foam that came out was thick and stuck to the car as I'd seen in demo videos online. The panel time of the foam was easily more than 5 minutes, as I started washing it off after the recommended 5 minutes, and there was still a LOT of the foam on the car.

After foaming the whole car (with the vertical spray pattern), I took some pictures, and you can see the foam is sticking to the car nicely
    IMG_20150308_115257. IMG_20150308_115306. IMG_20150308_115310.

After 5 minutes, I used the Karcher to rinse the car thoroughly, and then gave it a hand dry (thick towel to get most of the water off, followed by a microfibre cloth to dry and buff). Below are the results -

Note that this is purely a snow foam and rinse - no washing with soap after the snow foam.
    IMG_20150308_121338. IMG_20150308_121359.

What really impressed me was how clean the wheels were, without me having to scrub them.
    IMG_20150308_121332. IMG_20150308_121352.
    I'm really happy with the results of the foam lance as well as the snow foam. After snow foaming my car more than I would for a normal wash, as I was trying different spray patterns, so made more than one pass over the car, I used up the full 1 litre of mixture I had made.

I expect from the 1L of Valet Pro, I could probably get 4 washes of my car, however in future I will probably change the mix strength down a little, and get it to last a bit longer, but I guess it's a little bit of trial and error to get the mixture and lance spray settings just right.

Last edited: Wednesday 29th Apr, 2015
  2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Nicely done mate

can't wait to get a pressure washer myself

RogerH69 likes this.
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Good objective review. Smashing results. :GoodJob:
    As you say, trial and error to get the optimum mixture.

RogerH69 likes this.
  4. Galgo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Great review Roger :Smile:

I'm a snow foam virgin (see my thread in the detailing section) and have just bought an AD lance but with Magifoam instead of Valet Pro.

The three photos you took of the car with the foam on, did your car still look like that (i.e. very foamy) just before you rinsed it off?

5. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks. Before I rinsed off the foam, the car was still covered in foam, but not as thick.

Galgo likes this.
  6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

7. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
    Nice review, usually 1"- 2" of product then fill to the top with water is more than enough. You should get loads of foam washes out of 1L

8. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Brilliant review Roger, I'm very tempted to get one of these.

9. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks @Chunkylover53 :Smile:

I gave her another wash this weekend just past, as she had a lot small tree sap spots all over. What amazes me about the snow foam is how it removes these without any scrubbing required - spray on, leave for 5 minutes and then rinse off. The only thing that needed 'help' to come off was stubborn bird poo.
    - - - Updated - - -
    As a bit of an update, I would like to retract what I said about Demon Snow Foam (corrected original post too). The reason I was so unimpressed with Demon Snow Foam originally was down to the snow foam lance I was using. I did not realize how massive a differencve the snow foam lance used actually makes until I got the Autobrite one. With the Autobrite Snow Foam Lance, the Demon Snow Foam comes out nice and thick and has a decent panel time. I still prefer the ValetPro PH Neutral snow foam (it seems to be naturally thicker, and has a longer panel time), but as I still have a few litres of the Demon Snow Foam left, I'm going to use that until it's finished.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have used valetpro stuff for yonks but not used their foam but rest of their line is always consistent and gives reasonable results. You want to try this next time

25 liters last me a year for all the cars and bikes and delivers good results

RogerH69 likes this.
  11. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Got to say I've not been impressed with the blit hammer form I bought, have some of the Cherryfoam left so going to use that up before getting ValetPRO stuff again.

12. k20a3 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just bought one of these foam lances with the 5 ltrs of valet pro foam. Out of interest after foaming do you have to rub all over the car like a normal wash or do you just apply wait and rinse?

13. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
    Foam the car onto a dry surface as it clings better. Wait for ten mins or so then jet wash off. Follow up with your 2 bucket method wash

jazzway and k20a3 like this.
  14. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

You apply the snow foam, wait for about 5 to 10 minutes - DO NOT LET IT DRY ON THE CAR and then rinse it off. Continue with normal wash procedure

jazzway and k20a3 like this.
  15. k20a3 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Great, many thanks for the info :Smile:

RogerH69 and wanner69 like this.
  16. JAB Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have a Karcher pressure washer and after reading your excellent review I am tempted to get one of these. Can you use the foam in the engine bay to clean the engine?:Smile:

17. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

I do not know about the engine bay, and whether you should use snowfoam on there. In theory, as the spray comes out quite softly (depending on the setting you use), and as long as you use a mixture that is ok to use in the engine (maybe a different type of soap) and you also cover up any bits you don't want getting wet, then it should be Ok. Disclaimer - I am by NO MEANS an expert, so before you go spraying inside your engine bay, you may want to wait for someone else to respond, and i cannot be held responsible for any damage you may inadvertently do to items in your engine bay based on my NON-expert advice :Smile:

18. JAB Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Roger, I totally understand your concerns.

19. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

105032_20160312_120302.

20. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

@AccordCU2 - what foam are you using there ? Also, did you just use the pressure washer to rinse it off after ?