Detailing Autoglym's LifeShine Honda approved paint protection

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by Service News, Tuesday 5th Aug, 2014.

1. Service News Staff Managed Dealer Information

UK
    Autoglym have been selected as Honda UK's recommended paint protection provider.Across the country Honda have instructed all non approved body protection offering to be withdrawn and replaced by AGLS. What is Autoglym's LifeShine ?

Autoglym%203.
    Honda Lifeshine.

Honda part number is 08HUK-AUTO-GLYM01and it retails for £65.95

2. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
    Another cheapish product that Honda dealers will charge new car owners £300 if they want it, aaghhh

steve4536, John Dickson and Ichiban like this.
  3. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mind I have to say I put autoglym on my car in two separate treatments recently (was on offer three for two at Halfords) and it has given such additional shine and depth to the finish it is lovely.

Washed with autogym shampoo, chamois dry, then super resin polish, autogym paint sealant and super resin again on top of that a week past Monday and it is amazingly clean still.

4. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
    Nice John although ditch the chamois as drying with those can marr your paint, get yourself a nice drying towel. The combo of SRP and EGP is pretty good but the sealant does not last very long, i'd advise you getting some AG HD wax to go over the top of the sealant for greater protection and a better finish. If you applied SRP over the sealant again you will just remove the sealant, once polished go to sealant then wax

Phil P and John Dickson like this.
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I use a chamois every time. Is that wrong then @wanner69 ?
    Are drying towels better?
    Any pointers on which ones to get?

6. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
    I suppose its not wrong but on soft jap paint they can mark the paint and certainly leave streaking, drying towels are miles better and far safer on the paintwork.
    Although expensive i use the Chemical Guys Wolly Mammoth drying towel, awesome bit of kit

Nels likes this.
  7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Thanks, I'll have to review my routine.

8. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
    Good washing and drying routine is key to keeping the paintwork in top nick, its bad technique that put all the swirls in your paint, sponges, chamois, dirty buckets etc etc
    here is a link and enter DW1 for 15% off at checkout
    Chemical Guys Wooly Mammoth Drying Towel

John Dickson, Nels and SpeedyGee like this.
  9. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Never knew that was a potential problem. Cheers I'll bear that in mind and try the drying towel.

I'll also try the HD wax as well.

Cheers :Thumbup::Niceone:

wanner69 likes this.
  10. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    Another vote for the HD wax. Easy to polish off as well

Think I'll have a go at the drying towel tool

Phil

wanner69 likes this.
  11. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    Just finished polishing my 6th Generation Accord with HD Wax. Looks brand new now! Glowing even. So does my CR-V (even though it is new it looks even newer! And my sons Vauxhall Corsa). And my wife's Civic. Not all done today of course.

Point is, if I had done this with Autoglym Resin Polish the bottle would be empty by now. The HD Wax has loads left in it, and although it is more expensive to buy it is MUCH cheaper in the long run.

And for that little bit of extra I can also recommend the Bumper and Trim gel. Took all of that dried faded polish off the black plastic sills, wing mirrors and wheel arches. They all look new as well

Phil

Last edited: Thursday 14th Aug, 2014
  12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Good going Phil :Niceone:
    Any pictures ? :Photographer:

13. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    Not while its raining ..............:Laughing:

See what I can do tomorrow

14. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    And something else..........

When I purchased my CR-V last year I was given the hard sell to buy Guard X protection. Stupid video showing how wonderful it was, flames on the bonnet having no effect on the paintwork, blah blah blah. I said no thanks, I use Autoglym, so the price came down and down until I said OK just do it (they were desperate for a sale and I was offered a big big discount on the car anyway). It seems I personally persuaded Honda to change their recommended supplier:boss::Laughing:

Anyway, the one product in the bag (that probably cost more than its contents) was the Glass Protector. I'm not saying buy this particular brand as I have not tried any other yet. It's the same stuff probably used by power boat racers and maybe pilots to keep windscreens clear without using wipers. The rain beads up and falls away. Worth a look. My youngest son with his Vauxhall was very impressed so its not just an old fart thing:clap:

Phil

15. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    And something else..............

Promise this is the last one. On my fourth tinny now and off to sleep.

Don't bother with OEM or car accessory shop touch up paint for stone chips etc if you have a Toys and Model Shop nearby. Airfix, Humbrol etc Enamel paint pots work a treat, come in a variety of colours and can be mixed. Buy a thin paint brush with it and problem cheaply solved. My wife was delighted when her bumper scratch on silver metallic Civic just disappeared:Smile:

My Accord's previous owner used a well known dealers touch up pen (it's stilll in the boot) years ago it seems. The car is red, the touch up has faded to brown

Phil

16. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
  17. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    Nels

My 2p worth:lol: just for you. Glym Glym

Red 009a. Red 011.JPG View attachment 25973 Red 006a. Red 005.JPG

dbrooks65 and Nels like this.
  18. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Ha ha. I like it, 2p indeed. :gotcha:
    The HD wax really has brought the colour out. :Photographer:

19. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
    Very nice, if you want a great wet look wax then vics concourse is stunning, especially on red. Just another for you guys to try

Nels likes this.
  20. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    The Trim Gel is great too. All the faded grey, should be black, plastic trim, inside and out, is now glowing black.