Electrical & Lights Automatic headlights through daylight

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Haji, Wednesday 28th Jan, 2015.

1. Haji Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bulgaria Katerin Sofia
    Dear all please share how you solve this issue. Here in Bulgaria we are obligated to drive with headlight on. Is it possible to set up the lights go on automatically after I start the car?

I read, that in Acura this is possible to set up, but in Accord the menu for this is missing.

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I don't believe the function exists out of the box, but the headlights could certainly be wired up to come on with the main ignition.

3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    As @DeviateDefiant has said, it could be wired up to come on when the car is started - if you arent comfortable playing with car electronics, any half decent auto electrician should be able to do it without any worries.

4. Haji Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bulgaria Katerin Sofia
    Hi,

OK but I do not want to mess into the car wires especially when the car is new under warranty.

I am hundred % sure that I saw the instruction for Acura where you can manage 4 level of light intensity. 1 level was daylight.

Is there ODB plug programming to set up the level of sensitivity of auto light switch. I supposed there is ability for this but the Acura and the Accord user software is different.

check the manual for Acura ...

Attached Files:

5. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Than there's only one solution: switch the lights on manually. Don't look any further, no alternatives if you don't want to touch the wiring.

Haji likes this.
  6. Haji Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bulgaria Katerin Sofia
    Yes of course,

I will stick a label to switch it on, it will safe me lot of money at police stops. :Smile: