Electrical & Lights automatic lights

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by nduli, Sunday 20th May, 2012.

1. nduli Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

guys

quick question is is possible to change the sensitivity of my automatic lights?
    driving across the M62 each day results in at least 3 drivers thinking i am flashing them....

i'd like to change the timing a little (ie if its dark enough for say 5 seconds)

2. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi - I know exactly what you mean - they turn on whenever you go under a bridge even in normal daylight. Not sure there is any control on them to adjust sensitivity, would be good if there was something like the control on the auto wipers. Maybe someone else here knows of a trick?

3. nduli Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

exactly the problem in a nutshell. :Smile:
    i have a horrible feeling it will mean going on the diagnostic machine

4. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Same problem here so I don`t bother with them and just turn them on when it goes dark

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup I have encountered the same buddy on the same stretch of motorway , TBH the 7th Generation auto headlight implementation is extremely laggy and is not responsive enough to light sources.

Only the 8th Generation has cured this minor irritant truly , I don't use auto on my 7th Generation just for this reason.

6. nduli Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

damn, was hoping you'd drop on here and give us all some super secret hotfix around this, "three presses of the volume button, 2 of the clutch and hey presto its now all sorted" :Smile:

so manual operation it is ho hum :Smile:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nope bud there is no software fix or adjustment ,if there was it would have been here buddy.