Engine & Gearbox Automatic transmission-Gearshift very rigid

Discussion in '5th Generation (1994-1997) [Rover 600, Isuzu Aska]' started by angaadi, Saturday 20th Oct, 2012.

1. angaadi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

This is on a 93 accord that I bought second hand. Not well maintained by the previous owner when i took it and of course i did no better. From day one I had the problem with the gear shift lever. car runs great. When I park the vehicle after a drive and put the lever in park mode, it is always a problem. Most of the time, to pull the lever from that position a lot of force has to be used and at times i used to feel i may break something. However rarely it behaves smoothly but this can be one out of 25. I nevertook to a mechanic for the fear of unnecessary expenditure. Always used Honda oils.Any opinions?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Can you attach pictures the car and send me a PM with the VIN number of your car please.

3. angaadi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you for the message. I will certainly do it. I have requested my wife who is in bombay to take pictures of the car from different angles . covering the body from outside, all sides wheels, interiors and a few of the engine photographs. Once i receive I shall send you all the pictures. As advised by you, I shall make a PM with the photographs and the VIN number.
    Regards

4. jayok Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Anytime I get an autobox with funny behaviour the first thing I do is flush and replace the gearbox fluid. I would strongly recommend that you use Genuine Honda ATF.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yup with a car of that age first thing would be ATF