Tyres & Wheels AWD & VSA

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Tuesday 17th Feb, 2015.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I think this has been touched on before by someone but just wondering if anyone has any further thoughts or experience with this.

With the roads being slippery up here at the moment I've been testing out hard acceleration with the VSA on and the VSA off and I'm getting a lot more traction with it off and accelerating very nicely. But when VSA is on it's almost as if I'm losing acceleration as I'm guessing the system is reducing power at certain wheels to regain traction.

The theoretical/technical reasons behind this make sense to me, but another area I'm thinking about is cornering with VSA off. I'm guessing the AWD system should help provide traction in corners where there is slippage but will the VSA system provide a better service instead?

2. fastphil Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Phil United Kingdom
    that's a tuff one Graham i have noticed that the car accelerates better with VSA switched of that's how i have it when i am driving as i feel that it interferes to much with my driving i don't like a computer deciding to brake or reduce power for me i can make my mind up myself on that lol hows the car going? will need to meet up for a chat at some point

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I do get a safer feel when the VSA is on and the steering isn't so light feeling but on then with it off I find that if the corner is slippy you getting that sliding feeling quicker but then you can feel the AWD gain traction and it takes the corner quicker rather than the car reducing speed to gain traction. Could be a case of just needing the extra nerve to trust the AWD! Lol

4. fastphil Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Phil United Kingdom
    Yeah I have been used to fast front wheel drive cars and could tell if they where going to under steer the AWD does take a bit of getting used to I have had the CR-V doing a four wheel drift lol round a bend gave me a we fright but all I need to remember the CR-V is a suv not a sports car lol

5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    SUV: Sliding Utility Vehicle?...

6. fastphil Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Phil United Kingdom
    Lol I agree has surprised me a couple of times on its handling for such a large vehicle