Tools B & D air compressor in need of repair

Discussion in 'Tools & Equipment' started by SpeedyGee, Monday 16th Dec, 2013.

1. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I've got an air compressor to repair. It's a "B & D compressor", has www.bandcompressors.co.uk written in big letters.

I've checked it out and basically it's not building pressure past 40-50psi. So I suspect the problem is reed valve, piston ring or head gasket but before I crack it all open I thought I'd lookup the website and try and source some parts.

This is where I got a little stuck though, no website exists at www.bandcompressors.co.uk and I can't seem to find anywhere else to source any B & D parts.

Has anyone else heard of this make of compressor ? I have found a company by this name in Leigh, but they have no website at all, sounds a little odd.

No point taking it apart if I can't source the parts.

Last edited: Sunday 23rd Mar, 2014
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Yh that's the one I found too but my point was that they have www.bandcompressors.co.uk plastered all over the compressor but no such website exists. In any of the online directories there is no website listed against this company in Leigh.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I did a who.is the domain name is not taken looks like they have surrendered it mate, nothing on companies house .. may have wound up and ceased trading :Unknown:. Ring and see if they are around tomorrow.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Yeah, will do in the morning. This could be the death nail for the compressor, shame !

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  7. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

drop it off I will look at it :Happy:

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Thanks for the offer Candobill. Looking at it is not the problem, its a question of whether any spare parts are available for it. That reminds me need to ring this company.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    are they in business still bud?

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Didnt get chance to check man :Blushing: