Introductions Back Under The Honda Blanket…

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Wombat, Tuesday 26th Jan, 2016.

1. Wombat Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My Honda experiences started in '80s Essex when I bought a Honda CX-500 motorbike. It had a cam chain and there was a design defect in the tensioner, so my new Honda started to rattle. It was fixed under warranty, but the fix was also inadequate and was replaced by a final solution which did work, and I had a lot of enjoyable and reliable biking out of that Honda. But the customer service I got from Honda UK at the time was so good that I forgot the failure and was left with a warm feeling about Honda and their products.
    In the fullness of time I retired and moved to SW France. In France I sold my Land Cruiser and bought a Toyota Verso and an Audi A6 3.0 TDI Quattro. When it was time for the Toyota to be replaced I bought a Honda Jazz.
    I've just traded in the Audi - although at ten years old the engine and transmission were still as new, the electrics were unreliable - every trip brought a new "peep" warning of something else gone wrong - and usually it was the warning system not the item monitored that had failed.
    The Jazz had been so reliable that I replaced the Audi with another Honda - a new CR-V. I live on a hill, and it *does* snow in SW France, so I wanted 4WD. I do a lot of small mileage trips so I plumped for the 2.0 i-VTEC petrol motor as I don't want a clogged DPF, with the auto box since I'm getting too old to pump a clutch.
    I haven't had the CR-V long, but so far it's been marvellous. It doesn't have the 225 BHP of the Audi, but it's comfortable, reliable and safe - and more appropriate to my age!
    I'll be interested to hear about other people's experiences with the 2015 CR-V…

Ichiban likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to HK @Wombat, another petrol CR-V auto :Grin: these are getting popular on here. I would love to see your CX-500 if you have any pic?

FirstHonda and Wombat like this.
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Wombat likes this.
  4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Hello and welcome to HK!
    Perfect two car garage you have got there.. Shopping tolley is one of the best Hondas out there. Do post more pictures of her when you get a chance.

Wombat likes this.
  5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Out of curiosity what did you call the Audi ? Beeper ? :Laughing:

Wombat likes this.
  6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @Wombat :welcome:

Good choice on the petrol / auto CR-V:likeit:

^^ The :gohonda: future is SUV shaped @Ichiban - and petrol powered, obviously. I mean, who would have a diesel...:lol:

7. Wombat Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks @FirstHonda - I was a long-term fan of diesels but things like the DPF, dual-mass flywheels and the VW emission fiasco have all spoiled the diesel image. In my home country of France it's likely they'll be banned from Paris - then Toulouse - Bordeaux… So despite the 1.6 diesel being an excellent motor I went for the 2 litre iV-TEC. And being an auto you don't notice the lower torque of the petrol motor - the revs just rise to suit the power being called for.

FirstHonda likes this.
  8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:KARMA

Wombat likes this.
  9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK @Wombat
    Smashing pair of Hondas you have there. :Niceone:

Wombat likes this.
  10. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    welcome to the forum :Smile:

Wombat likes this.