Engine & Gearbox Bad Acceleration and Response

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Kernow Pirate, Thursday 18th Jul, 2013.

1. Kernow Pirate New Member Getting Started

Devon
    Hi My Accord Tourer 2.2 I-CDTI has been playing up for a while when pulling away from a junction it nearly stalls or if kept a constant slow speed for a few minutes i try to accelerate and no response, if i blip the throttle a few times it will clear but there is a lot of Smoke from the exhaust. I have been told the problem might be the EGR Valve and as these are Expensive new i'm looking for another way to fix the car. I have been told taking the Valve off cleaning it might solve the problem, is this true or has anybody got any other suggestions. Thanks

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi and welcome to AOC,

There is very little given to what caused this could you advise what has changed on your car prior to this fault and what steps and repairs have been done?

Has some looked at the EGR or assumed its an EGR fault? I would suggest systematically troubleshoot with someone on the ground rather than random assumptions.
    To aid you have you look at these issues already discussed on the forum

Engine & Gearbox - i-CTDi Intermittent loss of power with no DTC’s stored on ECU • Honda Karma
    Engine & Gearbox - i-CTDi Diesel engine hesitation and loss of power • Honda Karma
    Engine & Gearbox - iCTDI Engine Cuts Out • Honda Karma

please keep us posted.:Wink:

3. Kernow Pirate New Member Getting Started

Devon
    Hi Thanks but my mechanic had checked the fault code and it came up with the EGR Valve he is going to try and clean it will let you know how it goes

4. Kernow Pirate New Member Getting Started

Devon
    Thanks to everyone who suggested cleaning the valve saved me a fortune and the car runs the best it ever has. Have learn't a valuable lesson don't run 2.2 I-CDTI on Supermarket fuel.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Bump to this post for I-CTDI owners.