General bad driveshaft or cv joint

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by micko, Friday 26th Jun, 2015.

1. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    hi boys.

when i drive beetwen 90 and 120km/h on the motorway my steering wheel shake a bit, not much. i can also feel i a bit in the seats. a though it was the rims that had a bad balancing but is okay. i then jacked it OP on a lift and checked the different parts and my rigth driveshaft has about 2-3mm play.

can anyone tell my if it is the outer CV joint or do i have to change the hole thing. the price for the complete shaft is 500 punds and for the CV joint it is 60-70 punds.

here is a little video of the play and the sound.

http://vid394.photobucket.com/albums/pp21/micko1313/20150626_182518_zpseh9eiuwr.mp4

and one other thing. is all the outer CV joint the same. i think off the different car model example 2,0-2,4-manual-auto-tourer-diesel-petrol

2. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    I have been looking around the Internet for some answers. And there are a lot of axel problems on the acurazine.com site. It's the inner CV joint.

So i think it will be a new axel for me.

3. roelfarm Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Cheltenham
    I would take the rubber gaiter off and have a proper look. If you know what you are doing the inner driveshaft is easy to replace, at least it was on my CR-V gen3.

4. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    Will have a look. Does anyone know where u can buy them besides of Honda.

5. roelfarm Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Cheltenham
    Any good motor factors will be able to get them for you. It comes in a kit with a new gaiter also there is a special tool for holding the locking nut making the job easier.