Off-Topic Bad driving habits - what infuriates you the most?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Friday 21st Dec, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    As the title suggests bad driving standard and being inconsiderate to other users.For me the Biggest bug bear is when stationary people hold on the brakes causing the brakes lights to be lit constantly.:Angry:

Newer cars have LEDs and the German pieces of junk have a massive row which dazzles you. Get you foot off and get you hand brake up !!

For auto car drives I can sympathise as that their main mode of stopping their cars but they should put into P when stopped !

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Tailgating is the worse for me,hate people who drive inches from someone in front.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    if it powerful car just move over no point. :Wink:

4. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Back seat drivers!

5. Elkingyboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Folk that don't indicate.
    Also, I teach advanced driving for the Ibstitute of Advanced Motorists so I am quite patient of bad drivers but even I have limits :Smile:

6. brock Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hants
    Motorway middle lane hoggers

7. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

+1

In my younger days, I would undertake them, gesticulate with my window down and spray my washers on them and slow right down to piss them off. :lol:

Now I'm older, I just despise anyone on the road - it should all be vacated for my sole and exclusive use!!! :Happy::Rolf:

SteveT and AccordCU2 like this.
  8. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    1) Lane hogging on motorways/ poor lane discipline on dual carriageways.
    2) People driving with their for lights on when it's not foggy. Driving with a blown headlight bulb. The latest is the side lights and fog lights combo, try using your headlights instead!
    3) Driving while using the phone i.e. not hands free.

I think that's it. :Smile:

SteveT likes this.
  9. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

+1 for me

Especially the idiots who tailgate when I'm stuck behind someone else.
    Normally M series BMWs.
    Does the M stand for Muppet.

10. nargordon Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tailgating, undertaking and any form of aggressive driving, no need. Would they behave that way as a pedestrian. You know who the tailgaters are as they are the ones always complaining about lane hoggers! Today in torrential rain a van sat on my boot lid while I was doing 75 and sat at a reasonable distance behind the car in front. Van man decided to undertake me and fill the gap I had left... Why? That makes me very angry!!

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    All of the above ! Lol

12. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

People on their mobiles whilst driving!!! Hate it grrrrrr

13. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

People texting while driving ...

14. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

People who drive whilst on the phone should have their cars crushed.

15. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

..with said people inside them Lol That'll rid the world of idiots :Smile:

16. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Other idiots like Apple would suffer as they would have fewer eye-fonez/eyepatches to sell them too :Rolf:

17. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

:Rolf: ... LOL

18. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

People who don't understand the plight of the HGV driver.....
    Firstly ... The idiot who's car will clearly accelerate faster than a truck but instead travel down a motorway slip road at 56mph and then expect the truck on the motorway to give way to them???
    Secondly ...said idiot then tries to pull in front of truck but can't cause the truck can't move out because of overtaking cars.
    Thirdly .... Said idiot then pulls out behind truck and starts to flash his headlights profusely at the truck driver....
    Fourthly.....said idiot overtakes truck and pulls in front of truck then applies his brakes....dick head one day the trucker will have had enough of idiots( who haven't looked at the highway code since the day they sat crapping themselves before their driving test) so are not aware of the rules for joining the motorway.....and instead of knowing what the idiot will do and slows his truck down so not to have to brake to hard might just say f... You and run into the back of said idiot and right off his Bavarian Tractor....

19. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have no sympathy for HGVs. They should be banned from the road between 0500-2200 each and every day. No need for them to congest an already slow road network, especially when much of what they transport can be done via sea/rail/air.

And those retarded HGV drivers who "elephant race" when trying to overtake another HGV should also be banned, especially on dual lane roads, holds everyone else up to no end. There may well be car drivers who are idiots, but the percentage of HGV drivers who are idiots is higher. Yes, I am tarring them all with the same brush - and will continue to berate the idiots until they demonstrate that trying to overtake another HGV at 56mph is not cool.

20. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    That slow road network you speak of is due to lack of government spending on infrastructure by successive governments over the last 30 years. Blaming it on lorry drivers is rather a weak argument. They transport far more in a smaller space than each and every car on the road and are far more efficient in their use of the road network. The cause of the miles of traffic jams each day is due to all the cars carrying only one person each, all on their way to the same place all at the same time. And right at the front of that traffic jam will be two idiot car drivers who both wanted the same piece of road at the same time.

Lots of freight companies already transport large volumes of containers by rail as it's far cheaper and faster than putting the extra number of lorries required on the road. In fact if all the rail freight was put on the roads the road network wouldn't be able to cope.

The last time I looked it wasn't possible to transport a container across the country by sea.

As for air travel, to transport the contents of the container by air would require the containers to be transported to the airport by lorry. Then be emptied onto the plane, then flown by air, to be reloaded into another container at the other end. To be transported to their destination by, you guessed it, another lorry. All that would cost more and take far longer. Air freight is only practical for mail and international freight.

Have to agree with MickyB's first point about the aimless drivers who get all the way to the bottom of the slip road before looking in their mirrors then realising they can't get out expect everyone else to move for them. Or worse still having to then stop at the end of the slip road. Those people are unbelievably dangerous!