Engine & Gearbox bad ecu remap

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by sabau_adi, Thursday 19th Jul, 2012.

1. sabau_adi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Greetings from Romania,

About 2 months ago i got myself a 2007 Honda Accord 2.2 I-CTDI. The car has a very high fuel consumption. The average is between 9 and 10 litters / 100km. For example with 60 litters i can do only 650 km, where 300 in town and the rest outside (motorway), and never exceeding 120km/h. Later I found out that the car was remaped to 170 BHP, and the previous owner did not told me. At the local Honda dealer in my town (Cluj-Napoca) they said, that they cannot downgrade in their shop. So i went to a local chip tunning shop, that told me they can put me the original software. But they took my remaped version, and put the defaults values (is it possible ?). This is what i was told. But on dyno the results was 160 BHP instead of 140 BHP and the fuel consumption is the same. After a while i found out about the company that made the first remap located in Bucharest. They said that they have a backup of the original version made before the first remap. Before i go to them to pay for this operation they said also that they can check if i want for free if the local company did the right thing by sending them by mail a copy of the second remap. They confirmed that what i have now is the original version. After this I went again to the local Honda dealer and this time said they did an update to the ECU, but no result.

So what do you think guys ? What should I do ?
    Is it worth it to go to Bucharest, though they said i have already the original version ?

Last edited: Thursday 19th Jul, 2012
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Sabau,

Sorry to hear about the issues on your car.When you went to the Honda dealer did they do a ECU update or a ECU rewrite, these are two different things.

Updates are small minor revision to the master file a rewrite is the complete software file overwritten to standard. You could send Celtic tuning a PM and see if they can help you out.

3. sabau_adi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

They told me that it was a ECU update. They also told me that this update should take for about an hour, but it took about 30 min.
    The only visible thing that i saw after this update is that the light indicator for low fuel is switched on when i have 80km left instead of 100km how it was before.

Last edited: Thursday 19th Jul, 2012
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    well an update will not alter the main file back to factory. It will only alter the parameters set within the update.

5. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sabau_adi if you have the hardware for writting the map I can send you a copy of the map on mine. Mines a 2006 facelift with standard map. Whilst I can't guarantee it is identical software you can certainly try it and if not revert back. PM me if you want it. Free of course.

Ichiban likes this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  7. sabau_adi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you Paul.
    I will try this possibility too.

8. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well map sent yesterday and hopefully it's helped.

9. sabau_adi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Today i managed to go to my friend who has the hardware for writing and knows more about this things. At first he did a backup to the existing map, and we saw that the version is not the same i had before. My friend said to me, that this is the result from the Honda Shop where they did the "update". After all, this "update" was rewriting entirely my old version, so we didn't try Paul's version. Thank you Paul once again for you effort. I think the guys from the Honda Shop were not sure what this update does...

So now that my maps are original and no errors of any kind stored by the ECU... from where could come the high fuel consumption ?

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    So what the outcome then ?

11. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I wonder if the version on yours is now the same as mine. My software is the latest with all required updates. If its not the map it could be something like MAF sensor but you could throw parts at it and never tell.

12. sabau_adi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@IchibanAccord: sorry, i don't understand what you are trying to ask.
    @Paul: your version is 1037386769 and my version is 1037386768. The MAF was checked at the local Honda dealer, and they said it is OK. They also checked the turbo, EGR valve, temperature sensors, injectors... they all seems to be OK.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sabau when was the last time the car has a proper service with a fuel filter change ?

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You have given the outcome in your last response :cool:

15. sabau_adi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

About 3500 km ago the car had the last service. Changed oil (Motul 0w30), oil filter (Jakoparts), air filter (Jakoparts), polen filter (Jakoparts) and fuel filter (Honda).

16. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Is yours an Estate?

17. sabau_adi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It is a Saloon.

18. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    baffling indeed but you cannot suggest a fix without looking at the car , it has to be something basic.