Off-Topic Bahrein GP - German TV

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Robbie, Sunday 21st Apr, 2013.

1. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I watched the Bahrein GP on German satellite Channel RTL. At the end of the race, just after Hamilton crossed the line, they went to adverts for a good five minutes so I never saw the finishers after Hamilton. I used to moan when ITV used to host Grand Prix, but RTL must take the biscuit.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have to admit sky coverage on f1 channel is spot on no such problems :Hey::Whistle:

3. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I refuse to pay for Sky on principle. They have ruined soccer, and their monopoly has deprived the five main channels of many of the brilliant U.S. series.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Soccer mate its football..:telloff: soccer is that American thing padded up like brick houses chasing a egg..

5. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    No, the Americans call British football soccer, to differentiate it from American football where they are padded up.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Lost in translation Robbie :Whistle: it's football not soccer. The American football should be called soccer.

7. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Ichiban what we call football we should actually soccer. If you look at the history of football it actually involves picking up the ball like in rugby, Aussie rules football and American football. But the Americans do need man up, grow a pair, and ditch all the girlie padding and play the game like like the rugby players do.

8. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    When I was at school - back in the dark ages - we played "rugger" and "soccer". Football was always referred to as soccer, as opposed to rugby football.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sorry guys its Football for me no matter what history says!