Electrical & Lights Battery Change

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by dansime, Sunday 3rd Feb, 2013.

1. dansime Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Essex
    Hi All,

I've had my 2003 2.4 Type-S Accord for a few years now and yesterday the battery let me down. It has been quite slugish in the recent cold weather. I've been struggling to get hold of a replacement battery (main dealer parts dept. closed over the weekend).
    The local car spares computer listed a battery but it is significantly larger (physically) that the battery on the vehicle at the moment. I went to Halfords and they had the same thing... the listed battery is larger than the one on the car.
    I've had a look through the forum but can't see anything where others have had the same issue... apologies if i've missed it.

I've considered removing the plastic tray so that a larger battery could be accomodated, but I'd prefer to avoid a 'bodge'. In removing the tray, the battery retainer/bracket/thing would still fit correctly.

The main dealer will obviously be open tomorrow so i can get a lift there... but I thought I'd enquire as to whether anybody has had the same thing.

Thanks in advance
    DS

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    The 2.4 batteries aren't actually that big, approx 9" long, 5" wide and about 8" high.

Part number is 31500S7CG01 or 31500SEAG01 about £60 or £65 from dealers.

3. dansime Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Essex
    Thanks very much for the quick reply there. Very useful! Good to know I'm not going mad with which battery is the right one. Seems the listing that the car spares and halfords have just simply isn't correct. I'll give the main dealer a buzz in the morning.

Thanks again

DS

4. dansime Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Essex
    Thanks for the help on this with the part number etc. I went with the main dealer in the end. £65... New battery. Fitted it myself without any problems and gave a good opportunity to clean the tray etc.

thanks

DS

SpeedyGee likes this.