Electrical & Lights Battery Charging

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by eternal422, Tuesday 2nd Apr, 2013.

1. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just a quick question - thanks to some more frost this morning the car didn't start. Flat battery. Thinking of trying to charge it up before splashing out on a new one. Do I need to disconnect the negative lead when I charge or can I leave the battery connected?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    In an ideal world yes both should be disconnected however the trickle chargers are ok to be connected all the time only if you are in a well ventilated place.

I have stepped by trickle charging on both Accord due to the cold weather. Have a look at this 7th & 8th Generation Honda Accord Long Crank Times?

3. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for that. Just got a new battery tonight - can't risk getting stranded anywhere ! So glad the head unit and sat nav were ok after the battery was disconnected. As you said some time back - no code is needed. Just had to wait for sat nav to reset itself then all working ok.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good which battery did you get.

5. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Went to Halfords and got their HB053, wanted one with higher cca but that was all they had. Still it turns the car over really well and will be good for at least 3 years. Seems quite a small battery for the car, but can't fit a bigger one into the battery tray. Apparently the uk built Accords could take a Bosch hsb010? Still, got a good deal as we get good staff discount this month :Wink: