Off-Topic Battery operated tyre inflaters

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ezeetrucker, Wednesday 9th Jan, 2013.

1. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Having just got back from the garage forecourt, where I wanted to check my tyre pressures, only to find yet again I didn't have the 50pence piece needed for the air machine:Angry: I think it might be a good idea to buy a home battery operated inflater.

I have a race X pro tyre gauge, but would welcome any feed back regarding inflaters

Thanks in anticipation.

Ezee

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Depends how much you want to spend .. cheapo ones can be had for £10-£15 but they take an absolute age.

You can get digital ones where you set the pressure and the pump cuts outs at that pressure, think they cost in the £25-£40 mark. Whatcar recommend one What Car? test: tyre inflators - Introduction - What Car?

This one is the daddy though if your after a fast fillup Ring RAC900 Heavy Duty Air Compressor £74.99 including VAT. RAC900. Buy discounted car audio online at In-Car Express
    No cig lighter connection here ... this needs direct to battery connection :Smile:

3. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Only benefit of the TRK tyre gunge kit on the 8thGen is that you get quite a nice one in the boot with the tools. Why is it German, don't the Japanese make tyre compressors?

Generally I find the cheap ones noisy and slow. For most tyre pressure adjustments of only a few psi a foot pump is sufficient and a lot cheaper, and doesnt wake the baby up....

4. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I bought one of these as it's much more effective than a battery operated compressor. As I have a caravan it is much easier to move around as the airline is fairly long. It comes with a few tools so is quite versatile. It's obviously not something you leave in the boot. Fox Air 1.5Hp 24ltr with 5pc kit

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    395986_257650057640061_2034889297_n.

I've got one of these, custom made 100 litre compressor :Grin:

6. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Thanks for the replies guys

The wife picks up her new car next week, that comes with a gunge kit and inflater, will see how that works.