Engine & Gearbox battery problem?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by welsh_decs, Tuesday 12th Feb, 2013.

1. welsh_decs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My 2.2 diesel is difficult to start when it has been left standing e.g. Overnight or for 9 hour shift at work like the battery does not have enough power. Also after turning of a main road on to a nice straight and "gave it a bit of welly" and there felt like I hit a brick wall and the revs dropped down engine light came on and would start for 10 mins then when it did start check engine light stayed on for 30'mins then went off but all seems done now but still difficult to start anyone with any advice? (Grammar police - Sorry of any bad grammar sent from my phone)

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The cold weather does hammer batteries , so get your battery tested see if you have any faulty cells.

if it clean charge it for a good 8-9 hours to see if it holds charge , before opening your pocket for a new battery.

3. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Sympathy here bud. Mine is in with local dealer after going into limp mode sounds much like you describe but glow plug light came on with mine. could it be related to the fule smell you mention? possible drop in pressure? Does sound like a battery that needs replacing though but then if not fueling right starting would be slow.
    Can you get it to anyone with a code reader to see what's stored then the guys in the know here would prob guide you from there?

4. welsh_decs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I am sure I can find someone with a code reader where is the port to plug it into situated!

5. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Under steering wheel left hand side.
    It points downwards.

6. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I thought it was on the right bit only going off memory.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The DLC aka OBD port is on the right hand side.

On the S2000 its on the left side /passenger side.

8. welsh_decs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

have had codes read comes up with Fuel Rail Pressure Too Low and Fuel Rail Pressure Lower Than Expected