Electrical & Lights Battery

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by naslam968, Tuesday 28th Jun, 2016.

1. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    Yesterday I went to start the car and it won't because battery was very low. That would be 3 days of non use of the car.

I got my friend to help and jump start the car, after 20 minutes journey battery had anough power to start again. Order the new battery and installing

B32 Varta Blue Dynamic Car Battery 12V 45Ah

bought from ebay for £45.57 with next day delivery.
    Varta Blue B32 Battery, Honda Accord VIII Tourer (CM_) 2.0 / 2.4 Vtec E 0/03 - | eBay

I will install new battery today and update on any further issue if any arise.

This is the old battery looks like battery indicator showing black hole instead of green, along with in the last two week occasionally I will see battery sign in the dashboard for couple of second.
    Just wanted to share and wondered if anyone else had similar issue with battery dying so quick.

20160627_093618.

2. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    The battery going flat can be a sign that the HFT has developed a fault. Do you have one fitted to your model?

The battery condition indicator on my previous (original) battery showed black for several years before there were obvious signs that the battery was becoming weak.

3. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    Thanks for the update and yes my car does have HFT, I can't risk to have faulty or week battery so I will keep close eye on this to find out what why and how if anything does go wrong.

Battery meter I have showed even with charged battery only 12.1v (that's after about 1 hour driving in busy London, last used yesterday around 1630 and reading taken at that time) with engine running 14.3v - 14.4v. I should have checked the battery reading before replacing but forgot.

As I have bought second-hand car and don't know when was last time battery changed I rather be safe than sorry. I had quite a scare with VSA, ABS and red Hand brake light on wehn car didn't start due to weak battery, so I thought its worth £46 to spend and change the battery, rather than have something big and expensive goes wrong due to weak battery.

I still have ACC LKAS light on in Green though instead of Amber so I am just been cautious.

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 28th Jun, 2016
  4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Well its good to know I didnt need my glasses on for that last post....

I have had a Varta battery in my Accord for the past 5 years and it has never given any issues whatsoever. As @Zebster says - the HFT modules are very well known for failing and sapping battery power and is resolved by just unplugging them.

5. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    I am glad to have been helpful any way I can Nighthawk

Nighthawk likes this.
  6. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I need all the help I can get apparemtly :Laughing:

7. sc489 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had a 2 year old Bosch battery fail with a faulty cell. A good battery should be c. 12.7V when fully charged (engine off) but mine wouldn't charge above 12V. The engine was very slow to turn over then the battery died after 2 weeks. I now have a Honda battery which has a very good CCA rating

SpeedyGee likes this.
  8. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    If you have the use of a multimeter I'd do a parasitic draw test - I'm sure there's details somewhere on the forum.

9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

10. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    That's a bargain