Electrical & Lights Beeping sound

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by MancDavo, Saturday 17th Jan, 2015.

1. MancDavo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike UK
    My CR-V makes a warning sound at random intervals and I can't fathom what is causing it. There is no pattern to this and also no message on the dash display or nav system. I've set the speed warnings at 80mph and am confident it's not that. Could it be seatbelt warnings set off by my coat being on the passenger seat? Seems silly if that's the case.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Process of elimination; Take coat of passenger seat.

3. MancDavo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike UK
    Actually went through that process earlier today. Eventually discovered it was speed limit alerts via the sat nav. Doesn't help that there are no instructions for the nav system fitted in my car and also no information at all on the Internet! Very odd.

4. Blackpool1974 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Uk
    There is no info because if it's a standard Honda satnav it doesn't have any speed limit warnings built in, must be aftermarket

5. MancDavo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike UK
    Oh. It says honda on the screen when the system starts up.. And the model I bought is a 'T' version which I understand came with sat nav and HFT.......

Anyone have any experiences of fitting the more standard unit? I think I'd like to switch it at some point.