Service & Maintenance Before & After Pictures - Big Service!

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Dave, Saturday 8th Dec, 2012.

1. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well HH delivered all my parts last week Air/Fuel/Pollen/Oil Filters + the free coolant so thought I'd make a start on it today. Whilst the oil was draining into the tub I changed the air filter and the pollen filter. I service my car earlier than Honda say the air and pollen filter might have seen 15k miles and the oils done every 5k.

Air Filter Before & After
    WP_000166.

Pollen Filter Before & After
    WP_000167.

I think they needed changing! As for the Fuel Filter I'll be doing that in the workshop at work as I don't have a bench vice. I won't be changing the coolant as I only did that last summer so I'll keep the free stuff for a later date.

For all you DIY people out there if your struggling to find something to drain 6 litres of engine oil into just have a look around the HGV pumps in garages/services and pick up an empty 10L adblue container cut a square hole in it and it works great and best of all its FREE! (Just make sure it's got a cap with it)

Chan, Ichiban and SayamaAccord like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Man those filters have been doing their jobs really well. I bet the car can breath now :Wink:

3. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah haven't they just.... Bet its just gained more BHP than a dodgy remap haha!!!!

Chan and Ichiban like this.
  4. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Wow shed lead of dirt there!

I do my oil every 4-5K to filters will be changed every 8K

I don't hold with the Honda 12500 miles service

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Lol ..remaps are for sissies.. :Hooray: