General Best And Worst Car Dealers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robbie, Friday 23rd Aug, 2013.

1. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Tata must have fudged the figures, not to say the typical stereotype of fudging figures rings a bell with Indian firms.

If they haven't then good show to them.

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    No surprise that Jag are at the top. Got a mate who always bought Jags (although he's now just switched to Lexus) and he said if he had a problem Jag would come out to him promptly with a courtesy car and take his away then return once the work is done. Not bad :Smile:

4. gongoozler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My other car is a Lexus, visiting my Lex dealer is a great experience, we have had stuff fixed no charge, free transport... valet when no work one, best coffee in the county, excellent product knowledge, civilised etc. My visit to buy the Honda was quite different, much more downmarket and unsatisfactory, similar to the response I got in a Vauxhall dealership yesterday.
    By the way my Lex is over 10 yrs old and they still treat you like royalty!

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Personally Lexus has been the bench mark for everyone to emulate, and people have tried in the past but failed until now. GG what you have said is perfectly reasonable and that is normal what you would capture from the majority of the Lexus owners.

However this excellence come with a cost all the things you have said has to be borne by someone? Now I don't know if the Lexus dealer foots the bill for the great customer service experience or Lexus funds it ?. Either way this not the case for Honda the dealer get no assistance to the extra mile, if all Honda dealers had the money thrown in making their customer feel like royalties then what is the bottom line.. where is the profitability

Which leads me to believe do Lexus dealerships make a suitable profit on their investment? They don't sell a lot of cars..if Honda are doing this and getting to the top with no financial support just imagine if they had a budget for this? :Smile:

if anyone knows how Lexus is pull this off for so long and how have they managed to succeed I would like to know where does the money come from.. It like premiership football throw the money buy the best player it will buy you that trophy.

6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Reminds me of the story when you call for an electrician to quote for some work to be done in your home. One turns up in a big Range Rover and the other turns up in a works van. I'll bet most people would think the guy with the Range Rover must be better if he can afford that car but then you could also look at it in that it's you who is paying for that car whereas perhaps the man with the van is just fairly priced.

Ichiban likes this.
  7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Bit of a shame, but probably highlights a greater degree of variability in terms of service. My Honda dealer is fantastic, very similar to how you describe your Lexus dealer.

As brands both Lexus and Jaguar have to put in the extra effort, both to justify the cost of their product and reinforce their reputation. Honda (and many other mass market brands) would do well to learn from that, and make sure dealer standards are uniformly high. My next car could well be a Lexus, or even an Infiniti as I have always been impressed by what I've seen of them.

On the other hand, based on my own local experience, I'd also be more than happy to have another Accord.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Precisely are the bills by the RR man indicative of fact you (The customer) are funding his lifestyle.

Are the Honda servicing cost the same as Lexus (IS range) of car when compared to the Accord? That should tell you the difference.

9. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I had a few problems with the dealer from whom I bought my CR-V when I had my towbar fitted. However, prior to this I never had a problem and I was always well treated. When I took my car to the Warrington branch the experience was excellent and the hospitality could not have been bettered. The waiting area was tastefully furnished and decorated and refreshments were offered. Interestingly, I had a 'phone call from the Southport branch last week to learn that most of the staff have been replaced. Not sure if this was due to my mail to the MD of Lightcliffe Honda.

10. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I doubt it. That's just the Clare James (the group who own them) way. Their staff turnover rate is unbelievably high.