ICE & HFT Best ipod for compatibility?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by micks_address, Friday 20th Sep, 2013.

1. micks_address Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi folks, collecting my 2009 ex accord on Wednesday. I want to buy an ipod to play my music collection via the stereo. What's the best gen / model do go for? Cheers mick
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hello bud, will you be buying the new generation iPod or an older one?
    The new one will work the older one need to be on the latest patch to work.
  3. micks_address Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Possibly an older one second hand. Do I just plug it into the USB port using the apple cable? Is it easy to browse songs via the controls on the stereo? Can you control via steering wheel?
  4. macca 411 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Alex southampton
    I use my 2nd Generation ipod touch & my iphone 4 through the apple lead to the USB. Works fine for me had no probs. Yes you can control from the steering wheel.
    Also when you use the stereo you can search like using the ipod (Artists, Playlists, albums, Tracks) or just scroll.

Nicer car as well.

- - - Updated - - -

O yeah BTW forgot to say that neither device is on the latest software so duno if it makes any differance
  5. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have a 120GB iPod classic, so not the very latest model (160GB), but looks the same as the current model, and mines works fine with the car using the standard Apple USB lead,
  6. micks_address Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys, picked up a 160gb classic 6th Generation which should more than be enough for my music collection. Think I currently have about 75gb worth.

Does the car charge the ipod was its connected? looking forward very much to trying it out!

7. macca 411 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Alex southampton
    Yes the Ipod does get charged while pluged in via USB port. That is good doing with the music collection as well
  8. micks_address Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks - a few years ago we ripped all our cds to mp3 so they are gathering dust in the attic... getting our accord tomorrow - can't wait!
  9. micks_address Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys, one annoyance with the iPod integration. If you are playing an album and browse back to the audio options then albums. It starts at the first album on the iPod and you have to scroll through all the albums again if you are looking for another album. It's probably OK if you only have a few albums but Pretty painful if you have hundreds. Is there any setting on the stereo or iPod which will start the album browse at the current playing album?
  10. BanditSid Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The same happens when you use a memory stick with MP3's stored in folders, it always jumps back to the first folder - as you say it is a pain when you have hundreds. There doesn't seem to be any way to change this, I think it would be a setting on the car rather than the iPod.