Body, Paint & Styling Best mats to get?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by micks_address, Friday 27th Sep, 2013.

1. micks_address Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys,

My 2009 accord is lovely but the mats are quite cheap looking and the driver one is tending to slip around the floor. I want to order a genuine set of mats - whats the best to go for? Is there a good online supplier that would deliver to dublin? I didnt buy my car off a honda dealer but we're buying a Jazz of our local Honda dealer so i might ask him to source a set of official mats for me.

Cheers,
    Mick

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I would recommend rubber Honda mats.Really good quality.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I too have the rubber matts and they are spot on.

4. micks_address Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys are there any downside to the rubber mats versus carpet ones?

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No downside really.Either are fine but i personally prefer rubber ones(mats that is).:lol:

6. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Rubber every time for me, they are easy to keep clean and protect the fitted carpet. ( Honda genuine) fit perfectly.
    If there is a downside , it is that for a short time , when new , they tend to smell a bit. It is not long though before the smell goes.
    Hang a good smelly in the car and you won't notice it.
    Does HH still have their offer on the rubber mats?
    Regards
    Mike c

7. westcorkaccord Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

VW-Honda Ireland
    I have carpet ones in my car and I wanted to get the proper rubber ones last year but they are not made anymore. My wifes car has the rubber ones and they are better, Don't smell and are easier to clean.

8. micks_address Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

do the rubber ones look as good as the carpets though?

9. westcorkaccord Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

VW-Honda Ireland
    No, the carpets ones look best if you can keep them clean ( you are dropping champane in yours after finishing off Mayo, I am crying into mine after Clare sent us packing).

10. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    Anyone has a photo of Honda Genuine rubber mats on their 7th Generation?

I was looking up these (I like the red accent :Blushing:), but would not mind Accord branded ones (if they are branded that is)
    Honda Accord Manual (2004-2008) 4 Tailored RUBBER Car Mats (2-Uni) Red Trim | eBay

Those also look mint but I'm not convinced on having carpet ones. They probably look much better but I'd have a hard time keeping them tidy, and I would hate to have them covered in crap all the time :Unknown:
    Richbrook Car Mats for Honda Accord 7th Generation 03-07 - Red & Black Ribb Trim | eBay

Last edited: Tuesday 21st Jan, 2014
  11. royalblue Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I just bought set of factory front rubber mats for the Accord from HH (thanks AOC for arranging the discount!)

They are lovely and well worth the money.

Now that they are fitted, I wouldn't buy anything else.

My car came with Accord carpet mats (but I prefer rubber ones as they are more robust).

You are only supposed to fit one (but it is possible to fit the carpeted one and then lay the rubber on top. It is that well made-to-measure that it doesnt slip or slide (annoying+dangerous on driver's side).

The rubber ones also have a lip going all around which is fab.

rubber mats.JPG

AccordCU2 likes this.
  12. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

Should I just call them and ask for price referring to AOC as usually? Or is this some special discount? :Wink:

Can't see from the pic. Does it say Accord anywhere on them?

13. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I bought rubber mats for the 8th Generation and it does have Accord writing in the middle of the mats.
    Not sure if the 7th Generation has this Accord on it or not.Ring Gaz or Lee and ask them.

14. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I'm sure my 7th Generation mats have silver writing, "ACCORD" I think. I'll check at the weekend. I've got Halfords rubber mats cut to size underneath Honda genuine carpet mats. Help keep road noise down a touch :Smile:

Does the 8th Generation driver's mat not have the wee hooks for holding it in place like the 7th Generation? Such a great, yet so simple, thing to have. Also gives reassurance that the mat won't slide up and jam your clutch or accelerator pedal down like my wife's Toyota Yaris! lol Lethal!

EDIT: Just checked out the price of the carpet on the 7th Generation, £862.61!!!! Ouch!

15. royalblue Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just ring HH and tell them you are a member of AOC. They knock a bit off. Better than nowt!

16. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

Just realised yours is 8th Generation.

I'd really like to see them in flesh for 7th Generation before enquiring or ordering. If they look as good as your then I am sold :Smile: But I need to be sure.

If anyone can post pic of theirs I'd appreciate it.

Looked on Lings Honda but can only find Elegance Carpets. Part number for rubber ones anyone?

17. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you scroll down this thread there is few pictures of CJ car with 7th Generation rubber mats.
    http://hondakarma.com/threads/4423/
    Hope this help.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  18. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

Perfect, just what I needed. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Rob one piece of advise the genuine rubber mats or the 7th Generation are really for the LHD cars. Honda never made RHD genuine rubber mats for our cars that is why they don't fit perfectly and have a tendency to move about.

So don't expect perfectly fitting rubber mats.. :Angry: Gladly Honda made RHD rubber mats for the 8th Generation.

20. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

I see. Thanks for heads up. I guess I'll get the rubber ones off ebay. They promise they're tailored. WIll post pic when I get them