Engine & Gearbox Best place in Scotland for a remap

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by fastphil, Tuesday 18th Nov, 2014.

1. fastphil Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Phil United Kingdom
    Hi guys ca anyone in Scotland recommend a good tuner to remap my CTDI emailed car tuning clinic in Edinburgh who said they done a map for £225 for 170bhp & 295 torque has anyone used them?

2. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Celtic Tuning have a good rep although recently someone has little success but that may have been a car issue. Only problem i have with them it's the cost, it's much more expensive up here because they sub contract it out but you may be able to make a deal.

Angel Tuning also have a good reputation.

GSR Services in Beith do remaps. I'm not sure if it's off the shelf or custom but they build rally cars so should will know what they are doing.

3. fastphil Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Phil United Kingdom
    thanks mate got a quote from celtic £360 for stage one or two they say that need uprated clutch fitted mine is slipping just know under hard acceleration so a excuse to upgrade

4. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    What clutch kit did they advise because I struggled to find anything for the diesel CR-V. There were some for the petrol though. I'm waiting to hear back from GSR as they are in the Middle East at the racing and I'm also waiting to hear back from Moorfield Motor Services as they have a 4WD rolling road also so may be able to cut a deal and get both a remap and before/after test results.

5. fastphil Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Phil United Kingdom
    i got a response from cg Motorsport today they recommended there 666 kit have asked for a price would be up for both our cars to get remapped if a deal can be struck with them

6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    That's the place I thinking about earlier about only showing kits for petrol CR-Vs. I'll have to wait and find out what's wrong with my car first but are you talking about a deal with Celtic Tuning? I think it's an Audi Garage in Paisley which do it for them.

7. fastphil Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Phil United Kingdom
    no if we could even get a deal at Moorfield Motor Services as they say they can do custom remaps plus they have the rolling road or even gsr i don't think that celtic will do a reducing on there price but could ask them

8. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Celtic said to me I'd have to discuss it with the local garage they use but if I were in England I could get it done for much less as they'd find to me. Was thinking that I may be visiting friends in Sunderland soon....

But the Rolling road with be a good thing.

9. fastphil Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Phil United Kingdom
    Let me know what response you get from both company's and we will take it from their

10. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    considder the cost of replacing your clutch as well as the re-map. the extra torque will definatly cause it to slip.

11. fastphil Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Phil United Kingdom
    Already looking at it as clutch is slipping just know anyway

12. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    They came back with two prices, either £220 plus VAT or £300 plus VAT depending on the ECU. But I think the latter is for the I-DTEC in 2010 onwards as I think the ECU changed then. Looking to see what deal they can do for two cars plus a dyno before and after.

13. fastphil Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Phil United Kingdom
    Cool keep new updated

14. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David East Kilbride
    I would recommend giving Andrew Baird at Automek in East Kilbride a call. If they don't do it themselves they would recommend the best place to get this kind of work done. Just Google Andrew Baird Automek and you'll find loads of good stuff written about him and the guys mostly from Honda/Japanese enthusiasts as this has been their speciality. They know their stuff.

They rebuilt the top end of my MX5. Highly recommended.

Automek - Servicing & Performance Tuning

15. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I've pm'd you.

Cheers David, I'll give them a shout and see what's on offer.