Off-Topic Big Ben's tower renamed Elizabeth Tower

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Tuesday 26th Jun, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  2. Mikem Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think the queen deservers it really, But it will always be the Big Ben for me.

3. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Well Westminster tower is a bit if a boring factual name. I thought she was going to get her own monument anyway after she dies, the 4th plinth in trafalgar square.

4. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Renaming Big Ben is a stupid idea in my opinion.
    Next time I drive over Westminister bridge and hear the bells, I can't see myself saying oh there's the chimes of Elizabeth Tower.
    It will always be Big Ben

The fourth plinth is for silly art projects.

5. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Stupid idea, all twaddle , will always be big Ben. The queen will be remembered irrespective. There, rant over!!!lol

RobB likes this.
  6. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Sorry to be nerdy and point it out but big Ben is the bell, Westminster tower is the name of the tower the bells are in. The bell will still be big Ben but the towers name will change.

All the artsy projects on the 4th plinth are to just make use of it until she kicks the bucket.

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    :Rolf: good one.

8. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    Big Ben is ages old. I'd be surprised if anyone starts calling it Elizabeth Tower any time soon. This didn't even pop up on our news over here, maybe a brief mention on CNN. I didn't see it though. We all still call it Big Ben here too. Can't see that changing either.