Aftermarket Kit Big Thank you to Brindley Cannock. aero bumper and grill fitted!

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Racy Jace, Wednesday 17th Feb, 2016.

1. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'd like to say a big thank you to Brindley Honda in Cannock for fitting my aero bumper and then fitting the accessory grill as well with no additional cost. They picked it up from my work and dropped it off on time too. We'll done Brindley Cannock!:Thumbup::clap:

I'd sourced the bumper from a Honda dealer that had bought the petrol version instead of a diesel so it was at a price I couldn't refuse.:Grin: As the instructions say you need to remove the grill i thought i might as well look into changing that too. :Grin:

I had a look for the accessory one and found one 40 mins away all boxed up. It wasn't as cheap as I would of liked but still worth getting.

It's tipping down with rain so havnt had a proper look but as the driver dropped it off I did think it looked smarter. I've a bug/stone chip deflector coming too that will blend in with the grill hopefully.

20160217_152639.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Looking cool Jace ! :likeit:

Racy Jace likes this.
  3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Very nice!
    Much better then old ones.

Racy Jace likes this.
  4. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Id already got the uprated skid plate things but I think this looks better.

Here's the original.

20160213_120034.
    20160213_120053.

Toggerefc likes this.
  5. Alano Premium Member Club Supporter

Looks much better especially the grill :clap:

Racy Jace likes this.
  6. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    My Black Edition looks remarkably similar to yours (except it's all black of course). I wondered what the aero bumper and grille were and now it looks like it's been staring me in the face!

I think it does look better than your original but I was a bit worried about the size of the honeycomb holes allowing stray stones past and damaging the radiator (I've actually had that happen to a previous car), hence me fitting the additional mesh to the grille, resulting in a few disapproving comments on the forum!

Keith

Racy Jace likes this.
  7. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi Keith.

Last week I saw what I thought was a smart looking black 2016 CR-V but in fact it was a prefacelift black edition like yours but with the aero bumper fitted. It really did look nice and id recommend it if you can find one cheap enough.

With regards to your grill as long as your happy that's all that matters. I think I posted the instructions on it which shows how to remove it if you ever wanted to attempt removing it.

8. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    Is that old skid plate up for grabs?
    I Would like to put that in my car.

Racy Jace likes this.
  9. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi @leonard. To be honest I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. If I sell it I'll put it on this forum first.

Because I stuck the protective mesh on my car, Honda have given no warranty. The mesh has l only been stick on with silicone that would peel off any way leaving the bumper in tact so that's a bit harsh. Also what could actually happen to the bumper or grill in the future any way. I think they were just covering them selves.

10. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Looks much better jace, just don't go near any boy racer events or plod will feel your collar over your naughty number plate lol.

Racy Jace likes this.
  11. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'd like to think I'm still young enough to be called a boy racer but unfortunately I'm getting closer to the big 40!

With regards to the plate I asked a police man if id be ok and he wasn't bothered. He was more bothered about the cuts they were having. To be fair though, my plate can be read by all automated number plate checkers so it's not like I'm trying to hide anything.

Nighthawk likes this.
  12. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    I don't see anything wrong either, I just know how pathetic old bill can be in London .
    While their lecturing you about no. plate spacings your house is getting screwed .

Racy Jace likes this.
  13. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Love the finished article Jase! :Grin:

Looks spot on! All we need now is some decent weather for proper car washing!

Racy Jace and FirstHonda like this.
  14. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

That front aero bumper looks superb :Thumbup:

Nighthawk and Racy Jace like this.
  15. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    You clearly don't see the bigger picture of the neccessity of being able to correctly identify vehicle identities and ownership especially in todays current political climate.

Car looks really good @Racy Jace Love the new look

Racy Jace likes this.
  16. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    I do see, that's why I said its naughty or in other words illegal. Sometimes the police come down heavy, other times they seem unsure.

Racy Jace likes this.
  17. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I can see why people blank their number plates out on fourms now.:Innocent:

Each letter of my plate is clearly visable and is readable with with the computerised reconition systems so the police seem to leave me alone so far. My wife has a police man in her side of the family and his brother in law has a proper dodgy plate.:police::boss::judge:

Nighthawk likes this.
  18. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    As they say jace , its not what you know - - -

Racy Jace likes this.
  19. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    great improvement, , looks very nice :Smile:

Racy Jace likes this.
  20. Toggerefc Premium Member Club Supporter

I think so too. It makes the front more prominent. Could look at my 4th Generation CR-V all day. Just love the whole design of the car. EXCEPT for the sides they are a bit slab sided. That's why in my opinion I'm going to break it up a bit with some of those side protectors things. What ever they are called.