General Big Thanks To @Racy Jace

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by TheDarkKnight, Sunday 21st Feb, 2016.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Made a quick Sunday morning errand to see @Racy Jace - who very kindly drilled out the horrible plastic covers over the footwell illumination.

Bang on chap, a massive credit to HK - and not just because he is a CR-V owner :Laughing:

I'll post some piccies later when its darker.

2. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No probs mate, any time! :Drinks:

SpeedyGee and Nels like this.
  3. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

At least you had a chance to see the chrome interior too. Hopefully it's gave you some ideas Personally I think it will suit the black interior more.

FirstHonda likes this.
  4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Racy Jace likes this.
  5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

:whathesaid:

Racy Jace likes this.
  6. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

7. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes tried them in the dark this morning - my God, it was like I was at a disco!

Sadly, as a diehard BlackBerry user, the camera on my phone is a little ill-equipped to show it properly lit up, so you'll just have to take my word for it!

Racy Jace likes this.
  8. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I wish I'd of done it on my Accord after finding out how easy it is. Oh well.

I think the LED in the roof above the gear stick needs its hole drilling bigger too. God knows how that cover come off. I'm hoping it just pulls off.

9. Bomber209 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Lanky Aberdeen
    Racy Jace Hi, before you drill the upper light hole, try hanging the LED outside the cover to see if you like the change in effect as you can't go back once you've opened it out.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Racy Jace; for access i think you pop out the interior light lenses and there are a few screws to drop the panel.

Racy Jace likes this.
  10. Toggerefc Premium Member Club Supporter

Did the same to mine. Massive difference. I worked up to a 9mm drill bit on both sides. I wonder how much it would be to get the back of the car done by HONDA faithful. :drill:

11. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you see my project section in my garage it cost me something like£2.89 to get the rears done.

12. Toggerefc Premium Member Club Supporter

WHAT is there a spelling mistake on the £2.89 to get the rears done. :jumpup:

Racy Jace likes this.
  13. patel_on_da_corner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Patel London
    Hi,

Question about the Leeds, we're they only present in front doors and footwell, or also in the rear as well.

I can see my lights in the front, but not in the back.

Thanks

14. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    I did my LED upgraded and are much better than the stock one ,I put some on the cupholders to and it looks nice.

CRV LED. CRV LED1. CRV LED2. CRV LED3.

Toggerefc and Racy Jace like this.
  15. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I like the cup holder LEDs @leonard . Can you share how you did it please as I'd like to join the led wore club too:Grin:

I'd like the side lights and those other ones that come on when turning the wheel to be changed to led but I havnt got round to it yet. There also the rear brake lights too but I couldn't see a way to get to them.

Last edited: Thursday 14th Apr, 2016
  16. Toggerefc Premium Member Club Supporter

Cheers Racy Jace. I have managed to source the same lighting as yourself from the same company for £3.89. They look great. Can't wait to fit them in my CR-V. How long will they last is the thing. Look great on the pictures though. :likeit::Thumbup:

17. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice one @Toggerefc. They should last to be honest. They're easy to install and hide the wires and are definitely worth it.

18. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    Easy TBH just remove the cupholder panel and drill 5mm holes where the splines are on the drivers side and fit 5mm blue LEDs .Look at My CR-V post.

Racy Jace and Toggerefc like this.