Daily Driver Bijomaru's Accord Type-S 2.2 i-DTEC

8th Generation (2008-2015) vehicle added by bijomaru, Sunday 21st Jun, 2015

1. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    bijomaru added a new Honda to the garage:

BIjomaru's Accord Type-S

Check the vehicle's full information here.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Finally picked it up. It has a few issues but I think the price wasn't bad and it actually reflected the overall condition. May need some advice in getting it to a near-perfect state.

1) The headlight washers - only left one opens up, doesn't spray. The fluid leaks down the right side of the bumper. Giving the dealer a call tomorrow to sort this out.

2) Slightly misaligned front right bumper - I think someone caught a kerb with the bottom lip, and it moved the bumper. Probably not much can be done about that but a small gap. (could be linked to the washers issue?)

3) One of the rear passenger doors does not shut down to be completely flush with the rear quarter. It looks like it's due to the rubber at the top being damaged. Are the seals difficult to replace?

4) Driver's door slightly misaligned, or more it looks like as the chrome strips sticking out a bit - possibly just mileage related. Is there any fix to make it look better?

DSC_0156.JPG DSC_0157.JPG DSC_0158.JPG

All in all I am happy with the purchase. Finally my very own white Type-S!

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    1 - I know very little about headlight washers, never had them.

2 - Probably just a clip thats bent slightly. I would strip it down a bit more and take a better look.

3 - Not hard to replace a door rubber at all, they unclip with small plastic clips

4 - Take a picture along the body lines of the door, ideally where the left side of the door handle goes into a point and along the body line. You can only really check body lines by looking down the length of them, not at 90 degrees to them. It looks slightly out, nothing that a simple bit of old fashioned body panel beating trick of pure brute force won't solve.

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Oh goodie :mosh: Great buy @bijomaru, how are you finding the experience driving her compared to your I-CTDI?

4. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Wow a white Accord, is it championship white? :Smile:

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    It's not mate, it has metallic white flakes. Absolutely beautiful colour in person, almost has this bluish hue to it in the right light.

Nighthawk likes this.
  6. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

White pearl ... it's a bit like ... coconut butter :Grin:

I'm still getting used to it. It's a bit bigger and obviously a lot more advanced inside. Getting the headlight washers inspected on Monday so once that is fixed I'll be much happier with the purchase.

7. Nighthawk Guest

How do you compare the performance between this and your 06 Accord?

8. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

06 was remapped to 160bhp, while this one has 180. On the flip side, this one weighs around 200kg more. So in terms of acceleration I'd say it's comparable, but ... the acceleration feels much smoother in higher RPM range. I guess the only thing that catches me out is that the turbo does kick in until around 2k RPM if I'm right. So in the 06 I could accelerate up to 3000rpm in each gear, and upon gear change I had the power readily available from 1700rpm and the car just kept accelerating at a steady pace. In the 11 model I'm still figuring out the best moment and technique for acceleration, as I often get caught by too low RPM after gear change and it takes that second where it waits for the turbo to kick in.

But as the car feels much higher quality, it's a pleasure to drive. Very quiet, if a bit stiff on the 18" wheels. Just couple of gremlins to sort out and I'll be completely satisfied.

Nighthawk likes this.
  9. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

RE 1) O/S headlight washer pipe wasn't plugged in so as the fluid was escaping the system it had no pressure. Local garage had reconnected it and it's working correctly now. Dealer has picked up the bill, so nice result for today :Smile:

DeviateDefiant and Nighthawk like this.
  10. Nighthawk Guest

Nice easy and FREE fix, the best type

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  11. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

Photos added after yesterday's cleaning session. Of course it has started raining today. But still looks very nice :Smile:
    - - - Updated - - -
    The alloy pedals were quite messy since I bought it. Gave them a proper clean yesterday.

Clipboard02. Clipboard01.

SpeedyGee and DeviateDefiant like this.
  12. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

13. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

14. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

Nels, SpeedyGee and dbrooks65 like this.
  15. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Smashing wedding day shot. :Photographer: