Body, Paint & Styling Black Alloys?.

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by Westman, Sunday 24th Jan, 2016.

1. Westman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Kings Lynn
    Hi All
    CR-V 2005 Nighthawk Black
    My (standard Honda) Alloy wheels will be refurbished and repainted come the better weather..Just a thought Since I'm having them resprayed I could change their colour! I was thinking of black! Anybody seen a Nighthawk black CR-V with black alloys? Pictures would be good Also what is the most durable paint finish?
    Thanks all
    JPR

2. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    The skys the limit these days, you could even have them wrapped, you know the heat shrink stuff, so it can be done in anything you want, ie your favorite footy team, sportsman anything. I bought a set of alloys from eBay that need refurbishing, I've found a few companies on the net that come to your home or work and do them in their van. I was quoted £200 all in but think it depends on wheel size, they finish them with clear coat lacquer so should last years.

3. Westman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mmmm
    I can't find any photos of a 2nd Generation CR-V with black alloys either!! Have spoken to a couple of refurbishment companies and they both said if I didn't like the wheels in black they could respray back to original at a "discounted" price..
    Maybe
    JR

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Why don't you create a thread with photos of your car and ask if someone would kindly photoshop the pics to show what black alloys would look like :Smile:

5. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    My CR-V is a 2014 Black Edition and whilst it isn't exactly the same as yours, I have posted a picture of it with its black alloy winter wheels on in a thread entitled "Winter Wheels Fitted" on the 21/11/15 in the 4th Generation forum (I haven't got a clue how to post a link with this stupid I-pad). The wheels are Dezent RE Darks. There is also a picture of the car with its original Orions on.

It will give you some idea of what a black CR-V looks like with black alloys though.

Keith

legend-ary likes this.
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    legend-ary likes this.
  7. Westman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks all. I might give it a go!!
    JR