Tools Black Friday Deals 2014 thread

Discussion in 'Tools & Equipment' started by AndyB1976, Monday 24th Nov, 2014.

1. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    Post any tools and gadget deals here....

I'll kick off with this Nilfisk Pressure Washer RRP £82.98 ( 7.20pm 24nov Deal Price) - I think this was up earlier this morning for £55 so keep an eye out tonight if interested.

613t3qUWKhL._SL1242_.

I've got this model, the patio cleaner is a bit poor I found however the unit and lance seem perfectly reasonable. Its been in use for 3years and done numerous slabs (lance only), caravans and cars.

Last edited: Monday 24th Nov, 2014
    Ichiban and Bones126 like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good call Andy I am all for deals. the next one hour I will have my entire xmas shopping done.

3. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Nice one CJ...I hope to do the same this week and not tread a high street or face an out of town shopping experience. :BooYeah:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Wines sorted for the xmas party from NakedWines

Sacchetto Prosecco 5
    Sacchetto Moscato IGT Veneto 5
    Goldilocks 6 Pack 1
    Sam Plunkett The Halo Effect Viognier 2013 5
    Angel Exclusive 6 Pack 1

5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Perhaps one to watch out for is this one:

No way was it £1,649 originally considering you can get the 2nd Generation for less than that. Many places selling the 1st Generation at that price (£699).

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

That's a decent body. Not sure how the price compares, but seem pretty good.

7. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    It's been the wildlife photographer's camera of choice for a long time but it has suffered many a complaint about its poor low light performance.

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    The DIGIC5 in the original 7D isn't best in low-light at all, the ISO handling could be way better. The 2nd Generation and 6D improve massively on this.

9. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    The 6D should be thanks to its full frame sensor, I think the 7d II has more modern processors and two of them? to make up for the smallersensor but the af system in it is meant to be pretty awesome.

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Original 7D also had two DIGIC5, but yeah was a little unfair of me there to throw the 6D into the mix - just personally I don't see why anyone would go for a 7D anymore with the 6D being not too much more of a stretch. Then again, some people are already invested in ASP-C lenses.

11. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I thought the 7d ii had the digic6 processors? I think it needs it for the af system though but I'm a full frame whore anyway. Ironically I now only have a camera with a tiny sensor but the equivalent of a 1200mm lens lol cracking af and video system though.

12. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

7DII can also autofocus at F8 which is the major step of this gen (crop) in my opinion (don't thnk the 6d/5dIII managed that out the box)

13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

It does mate, read my post again :Smile:

What are you shooting on now?

14. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    You said digic5? Might have been how I was reading it.

Sony bridge camera now, to be honest it's a lot easier then humping all the DSLR gear about for personal photos and most people looking at photos don't really notice the difference in quality from a smaller sensor so long as the actual subject is interesting to them. I do wish I'd gone for a larger sensor for better low light performance though, perhaps a 1" sensor. Although the Sony camera does pull off a few tricks to overcome this.

15. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I said the original 7D had DIGIC5 in both posts mate :Smile:

I remember you mentioning the Bridge camera now, I'm wanting to sell all my Canon gear and reinvest in another system. I'm tempted by a Nikon D6100 at the moment, beats out the Canon counterparts and fulfills my full frame itch. Though some of the mirrorless cameras on the market have caught my attention, I just don't know if it's too early to go investing it glass with them.

16. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Canon 7D up at 3pm today....

17. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    It's when you said "also" which is why I read it like that, not important though I'm sure it needs whatever is in them lol

I think there's a few good non DSLR cameras now that have full frame sensors which saves having to worry about all the glass. I've found that unless doing it professionally is having separate lenses really necessary over convenience and portability? The prices are a little steep with these cameras though.

18. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'm not so bothered about the price, it's more something which I can use in multi-scenarios. I would want a full DSLR set-up as I do need to have that flexibility still, but as you say, portability is also a concern. It can be a bugger when you're lunging around a camera with a couple of lenses all day at events. Also, 1080p video and A/F on video is a must - but pref. 4k considering it'll be mainstream in the next year or two.

19. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    One of the reasons I went with the Sony was 24fps and high bitrate plus the anti shake is in the lens (you can feel it) and is almost like a stedicam lol. I know it won't match my previous gear but then I now don't have to worry about insuring it, damaging it and as you say humping a bag full of stuff about. It's got full manual control including a decent focus ring which also doubles up as a manual zoom but the af is quick and accurate. Also has a flash gun mount which is protected. I just wish the sensor was bigger!

I do prefer Nikon now but I've heard they've messed about with their repair support (might just be in usa) making out difficult to get parts by repair places.
    - - - Updated - - -
    It's it worth splitting this thread as is going off topic?

20. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Here's a shot I took last night. The tree was almost pitch black and I took it hand held. Obviously reducing the image size has helped but I find it quite impressive for a such a small sensor.

Tree in pitch black.