Suspension, Steering and Brakes Bleed Nipple Nut Size?

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2007-2015)' started by iwaters, Wednesday 6th Feb, 2013.

1. iwaters Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have a Jazz with a fair bit of corrosion (spent its early years parked next to the Bristol channel). The bleed nipples are seized. I want to pop to Halfrauds at lunch to get a flared spanner but I stupidly forgot to check what size the nut is and its my wifes car and I am at work miles away.

Does anyone happen to know what size it is? Jazz is a 08 plate 1.4 if that makes any difference.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    IIRC correctly they 10mm from the fronts and 8mm for the rear , it been a year since I last worked on them.

Wait for someone to confirm

3. iwaters Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks. Typical. Halfrauds do a 9 x 11mm and a 10 x 12mm flare spanner. Fronts are worse and what I need to get undone to push the pistons back for new pads so will go for a 10mm - unless someone says otherwise.

On the subject of pads & disks, is it best to go for Honda OEM stuff, seem quite expensive compare to the Pagid stuff at ECP.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Why don't you get deep socket set they are much better than spanners , these bleed nipples are made of soft tensile steel and can shear off if too much force applied very easily. make sure you soak them before you have a go.. well you would know that :Wink:

With a deep socket you will get a even force and less chances of bending them. as for disc I had bargain and half when i did this DIY from Holdcroft honda http://hondakarma.com/threads/768/

The price will knock an aftermarket option off and free delivery to your door step next day= no contest !

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  5. iwaters Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks, think have some deep sockets anyway. Got my trusty Plus Gas so will be giving a couple of soaks in the days before attempting them again. Your link there says you got the parts at AOC club rates, is there a code or do I just mention the site?

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just ring them tell them you are from here they may want your username .