Off-Topic Bleep test

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Phil1978, Thursday 1st May, 2014.

1. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    We did the bleep test at training tonight and I beat the score needed to join the police force, part of me is quite chuffed with the result and part of me is slightly concerned about the reasonably low level required by the force.

2. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Congratulations mate, do you mind me asking what was required?

I vaguely remember getting 8 point something in year 7, increasing to 10 point something during year 10. That said some dudes were getting 14+ which was mental.

That said if I did it right now I'd be ashamed of what I would get :lol:

3. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Apparently it's only 5.6, I've not checked officially but that's what I was told.

4. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah that's surprising tbh, would have expected 7/8 at least. Maybe they'll have different requirements based on what you're going to do?

5. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Possibly, maybe that's the base level before more rigorous tests.

6. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    I found at the high 4's I was still walking.

Last time I did it, even on a medical downgrade I was able to churn out level 15 or 16 as a smoker. I am not a picture of good health, the bleep test is 100% a mental thing because it isn't massively difficult until you are way up the levels.

The RAF had to get to 7 as an annual fitness test from memory - i believe nowadays it is 9.10 for males and 7.2 for females.

7. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    It was level 9.6 the last time I did it. That was a while ago.

First time I did the bleep test I overheard a few fellow candidates and they were marathon runners. Fair to say I felt out of place.

Anyway, one of the marathon runners didn't make it, which surprised me to say the least. Different type of fitness apparently.