Exhaust System Blue smoke 2.2 Idect

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by mcatchpole77, Tuesday 13th Aug, 2013.

1. mcatchpole77 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Guys help me out..... I have just had lots of blue smoke bellowing out of my accord, took it to the garage thinking it was a fuel leak as very strong smell of diesel, seems like it is coming from behind the engine to the right hand side but the fuel filter and pipes are all dry?? Also they have now told me that that is also where the exhaust blowing noise is coming from and not my flexi like they first told me! Could i have some sort of EGR gasket blown? Hopefully someone will help as they can't book it in properly until next wed!!

2. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    blue smoke indicate that oil is burned.

3. mcatchpole77 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Took it into honda today and been diagnosed as broken EGR pipe, £435.00!!!

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Umm Nice of the dealer to remind you there is a warranty extension for this http://hondakarma.com/threads/26/ :Wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  5. mcatchpole77 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've just hit 127,000 miles!!

6. MattJones Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ouch sorry to hear that. Hope you get it fix soon and does not cost you too much. Let use know how you got on.

7. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    As you're outside the warranty period see if Honda will do a good will gesture and put something towards the cost.

Alternatively as there are lots of I-DTEC's about you could try second hand from a breakers.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    As Doc has said plead your car with HUK customer relations , provided you have dealer service history then you may get a favourable result in your favour or may be part funding if you don't have service history.

let us know how you get along.