ICE & HFT Bluetooth Chaos

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Navrig, Monday 17th Oct, 2016.

1. Navrig Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom GB
    I have a 4th Generation CR-V which has a fairly basic stereo with bluetooth for phone and device audio.

I find that the connection process is not straightforward and rather unpredictable. The system seems to favour one phone, not necessarily the one at the top of the connection list (we have 4 devices registered). Additionally if the wrong phone is automatically connected and you wish to connect another one the menu does not reflect the connected phone.

For example: 2 of us get into the car. Both have registered phones. The system shows my wife's phone as connected after we start moving. If I chose to disconnect her phone and connect my phone I press Phone/Setup/Connection/Connect Another Phone. At this point sometimes it is my phone which is "greyed" out meaning the system thinks my phone is connected despite the screen saying it was my wife's phone.

On other occassions when I choose to disconnect a phone it is shows as not being connected despite the fact that it is playing music through the stereo.

On other occassions the system will drop one phone and connect another without being told to do so.

All of the above are unpredictable but frequent.

Does anyone else experience this?

All phones are Samsung S5 or S7.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Simple solution to this have your bluetooth disabled on all your devices before you enter the car the person who needs to be connected to the HFT enables bluetooth and HFT will latch on to it. The other person does not enable their bluetooth during that journey

HFT can get into a twist if both are in range.

3. Navrig Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom GB
    Thanks Ichiban. You are correct and we try to remember to do that however we shouldn't have to do that. We have several BT devices in the house and they operate very efficiently with 6 devices hovering around (phones and tablets), for example blue tooth speakers. The idea of HFT is to make phone/audio operation safer for the driver. If the system causes distraction by not doing what it should it is not very good and certainly not as safe as it should be.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Adding multiple phones to the HFT gives multiple users the ability to use it when they are driving the car alone or without other paired phone being present . It like the master and salve relationship it does not like democracy.