Aftermarket Kit Bluetooth SOT lead

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by aveton gifford, Saturday 7th Mar, 2015.

1. aveton gifford Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Aveton cornwall
    Hi all,
    I have bought an io Talk 2 kit for my Accord, and was wondering if anybody else has fitted this or a Parrot type system to there car before, and if so, do I need an Autoleads SOT 47 lead to make it all work? apparently it plugs into the amp to make it all work.

Anybody out there able to help please??

2. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Unfortunatly mate I have no idea. the only cars to generally have an amp are SE executives and thats only the power the subwoofer. I'm guessing such a kit should merely plug into the head unit and use the tele muting wire on it to mute the radio and only play phone audio.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    If I recall correctly, the Parrot kits have leads that connect in-line with the existing connectors going to the head unit.
    I think this "IO Talk 2" kit the also drives the speakers directly to it should do the same thing, connect inline with the existing wires.

4. aveton gifford Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the replies, I was unsure wether to buy one due to the cost (£27.99 plus delivery) but found a supplier that sold me one for £11.99 including delivery, so I have ordered one, I will let you know how I get on.

Harvey likes this.
  5. aveton gifford Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Right, for anybody who needs to know for the future, our cars DO NOT need the Autoleads SOT-047, even though it is supposed to fit Honda Accord cars from 2001 onwards that have an amp, the plugs fit but all the wires are wrong. Next I am trying the Autolead SOT-071 lead which is supposed to fit just the standard set up (and is a lot cheaper at £8!)

Again, I will let you know if it works.

exec likes this.
  6. aveton gifford Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Right, well if you want to fit one of these systems, but don't want to have to chop your wires apart, the SOT lead you need is SOT-071, the other lead mentioned does not work no matter what you do with it, I can only think it must be for the 8th Generation cars.

When you fit the 071 lead, the sound will be cut to all the speakers except the one powered by the amp, and despite trying, I can find no way to power down the sound from it, however, as the only speakers that are still active are the sub and the 2 at the very back of the car, it doesn't interfere when you make a call, and if it did, you could just turn the radio off!

Hope this helps somebody in the future, I would have taken some pics and made a guide, but it stressed me out just slightly trying to get the amp to shut down and I forgot, sorry!

Chunkylover53 and SpeedyGee like this.
  7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham