BMW 635CSi

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by i-DSI, Monday 24th Nov, 2014.

1. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Don't shoot me, can't help it.... But today I spotted a 'hidden treasure' with a customer of mine. Down in his garage, under the house there was a BMW 635CSi, white colour, first owner. He only drove her himself, but he drove her for 450.000 km (appr. 300.000 miles). No longer registered.
    I love those cars. They're icons. They were fast, good, ahead of their time end 70's.
    Unfortunately the car was hidden under blankets, only the 635CSi badge, the rims (also original!!) and the wonderful shape of the body could be seen.
    He didn't drove her anymore because she's to fast for todays' traffic. Now he own a dull Ford Focus. The guy's far in his 70's.

2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I got a huge shock once while walking into a customers garage, he kept two BTCC BMWs in his garage. He was a privateer and didn't have anywhere to put them! So he kept them next to the freezer.

3. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

635csi neighbour had one always liked them!

4. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Love them aswell, 80's Beemers were fantastic lookers.

5. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The old 89-91 square 325i Sports in red with the kit on them mmmm yes please!

i-DSI likes this.
  6. ricksmith Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Fantastic car. Still look good today.

7. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

I remember driving ones of these when I was 18, drove though the west end of Newcastle with the hood down, I was bricking it.

image.

8. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    That was THE car to have.... Didn't Toto had a videoclip with one of them in it? But they were Germans!

9. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

The company I worked for after leaving school had 5, 4 red and 1 white convertible and anyone drive them between sites.

10. vzh7gk Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Graham Cheltenham
    Always wanted one - the 635CSi that is!
    My first 4 wheeled Bee Em was a '76 528 (note no 'i' - twin carb). It must have been 10yo when I bought it. Lovely car and top of the range when it was produced, but starting so suffer with one or two little problems. Nearly changed it for a 728, but in the end went back to Land Rovers, via a gen1 RX-7 - wish I still had that! BMW had a certain style and panache back in those days, now they look pretty much like most other EU tin.
    I did own a Z3 for a little while a few years ago, never liked the Chris Bangle Z4...