Off-Topic BMW Drivers

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Duc de Pommfrit, Thursday 14th Aug, 2014.

1. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Can anyone explain, apart from the obvious, why BMW drivers are so angry?

Drove to Whitby today and on the way back at speeds over 70mph a BMW got so close to my rear I couldn't see his bonnet. I was over taking a line of cars and was not going to pull in, but this guy didn't move. In the end I did pull in only for him to blast past shouting something and do the same again to the next person up the road. :Rant::BavarianTractor:

JamesS likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This sums up BMW drivers in a nut shell mate.

spad_bmwjoy.

3. Dr Chaos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have always noticed that BMW drivers never ever give way at busy junctions. You are correct they are driven generally by a certain type of drive.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  5. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Audi drivers can usually be included in this as well. In fact they can often be worse - their attitude to general road manners, road safety, general disregard to everyone else and general arrogance just beggars belief sometimes.

Not all of them are like this there is a minority of them that are courteous but I think the attitude problem is an often-specced optional extra by Audi band BMW buyers.

MickyB and Duc de Pommfrit like this.
  6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Personally, I have found some BMW/Audi drivers to normal human beings. :Aghast: Yes, some of them.

As for the rest... I believe many of them think BMW/Audi = VIP and power. These new car owners are more into their image and certification that they have reached a considerable way up the greasy pole. They have subordinates at work grovelling to them all the time. They get used to it and expect the rest of us to do the same.
    Used car owner use it to show they have made it too. Some of this group still have some sense and behave like humans.
    I am with you @Duc de Pommfrit on not pulling over until it's safe to do so.
    As for the anger, they are not at the top of the pile. They are rushing around, grovelling to their boss, who is even worse than them. To displease this 'super being' will result in a severe butt kicking. With any luck, this is whet he got.
    Well, we can but hope. :BooYeah:

MickyB likes this.
  7. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

Well today was Scotland, empty roads and no angry idiots. Full tank of super unleaded 430miles done and still have 130 in the tank, not bad!
    DSC_7472.JPG DSC_7473.JPG

8. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Carter Bar and not sure where the first picture is. I recognise it I think but can't think where.

9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

That's good going DdP.

10. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

11. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I knew I recognised it! Been a long while since I was in that neck of the woods.

12. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think it's like what has already been said these people think they have the power to do as they like because they drive a BMW or Audi
    Being 6 feet up in an HGV cab I see lots of these idiots and believe this most of them are business men and sometimes women.

13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

A few years ago, these muppets had to work their way through the entire range of Cortinas before they could have a car with any power. :taunt:

14. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^ Many a true word spoken in jest :Grin:

I don't like generalising (ha ha!) but from my regular trips on the motorways of this once great country, I'd say that the BMW 1-Series and Audi A3 are by far the worst for driving standards - tailgating, speed & lane discipline.

The "my first company car" brigade are a scary bunch...:Ohdear:

MickyB likes this.
  15. Nels Moderator Staff Team

They certainly are scary.
    IMO, they've now got 'the badge', are 'an important person', and no longer have to follow the same schedules/laws as us mere mortals.
    It also appears that the motorways bring out the worst in them. :Frown:

16. Chrispike Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had one last week, driving up the road on my estate, cars parked on one side of the road. A lady in a black BMW pulled out of a junction about 5 yards in front of me. Clearly not looking, I slammed brakes on.

She then gestures that I should pull into a small gap in the parked cars so she can continue. I gestured that she reverse. This gesturing went on for a minute or so before she reversed back. Had wife and baby in the car so she was spared a bout of colourful language from me.

MickyB likes this.
  17. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I know in advance that I'm probably going to get slaughtered for this...:Smile:

...but today my MINI is in having it's MOT and service. 10 years old, still love it like the day I got it (and went to the factory). :offtopic:

So, as my courtesy car I have a MINI Countryman ALL4, something I've never been that keen on. What a surprise. Feels very well made, and the interior is certainly of a better standard than the early ones I looked at in the showroom. Good to drive too - although not the quickest as I have a standard low spec Cooper with auto gearbox - very impressed with the ride, handling and general refinement, which is the biggest surprise.

I don't need a big car, and I do love my Mini/MINIs - based on driving around in it this morning it's gone from a "hardly even considered" to a "definite contender." The power of the courtesy car...

Am I in denial if I claim that it isn't REALLY a BMW and promise to drive it with consideration for other road users???:Whiteflag:

18. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^ I should probably add / confess, that I was nominated for the "lifetime achievement award" in Modern MINI magazine earlier this year. I really do love them, new & old. But I love my Accord as well...:OTT:

19. Nels Moderator Staff Team

A "lifetime achievement award". That's something to be proud of @FirstHonda.
    Well done you. :Hooray:.

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  20. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Your self control is something to congratulate you on.
    Even after the event, you refer to her as a 'lady'. :Whistle: