Off-Topic BMW

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Monday 11th May, 2015.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Had to go into a BMW showroom today with a colleague who is looking at the 330d X-Drive M-Sport. How on earth can it produce such performance yet have such low emissions?

Had a wee sit in a few of the cars, quite big now for a 3 series - in fact the 5 series doesn't seem much bigger! Going to bleach my clothing now and desanitise my hands, was thinking wire brush and Dettol?

2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I looked at the 3 & 5 series a few months ago. On paper the MPG/emissions figures are excellent, but I was shocked at how poor the materials in the interiors were, and how expensive they get once you add some "essential" options.

Let's hope you weren't captured on CCTV at the BMW showroom :Laughing:

^^ :lol::lol::lol:

3. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    The 3 series is really cheap and nasty inside, the 5 series is where the good stuff is. To be fair those big six pot BMW engines have some great performance and economy figures, the six pot diesels are very smooth, not sure how much of the economy translates in the real world.

4. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I don't believe the economy for a second but the emissions being official is all that matters when it comes to taxation whether they are true or not.