Off-Topic BMW

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Sunday 21st Feb, 2016.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Could end up needing a dedicated BMW thread at this rate, their service department is bloody awful.

1st visit for a puncture and after 3 1/2 hour wait was told it wasn't covered.

2nd visit to have windscreen wipers changed as it's all now covered under the maintenence contract. All went well.

3rd visit to get tyres replaced due to punctures and all four replaced. Left dealership to find all tyres pressures very wrong with one being 1.8 bar instead of 2.6. Then noticed vibrations at 70mph so balancing wasn't done or done badly.

4th visit to get balancing done, 1 1/2 hours later and done. No acknowledgement or apology for making me come all the way back in at my cost and time off work. No courtesy car available for over 2 weeks. Drove home and vibrations from 60mph to 70mph+ now.

Getting the rage now.

Go to National Tyres in Battlefield because the have a new and calibrated machine and find that all tyres are out of balance with only one being minor. See photos. They rebalance and it now drives perfectly.

What a disgrace of a service centre.

DSC_0771.JPG
    DSC_0769.JPG

DSC_0767.JPG

DSC_0765.JPG

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Best to complain about BMW on a BMW site. We know they are utter ****, that's why we own/drive Hondas.

John Dickson and Duc de Pommfrit like this.
  3. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Unless the BMW forum is broken

vincemince and FirstHonda like this.
  4. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You probably have to pay them a grand for the pleasure of joining a BMW forum and then you'll need a BMW approved monitor to view it and they're £10k each.

exec likes this.
  5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I see your Brutal Money Waster or Bring Me Worries is causing you trouble again :Tongue:

exec and Nighthawk like this.
  6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    It's not the car's fault, it's the service department. Although I don't always mind when dealerships get wrong as it did get a new clutch and flywheel for the CR-V free of charge thanks to Honda misdiagnosing it! :Smile:

Kinda worried though, what if something more technical than fitting wipers is required?

Nighthawk likes this.
  7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^:Rolf::Rolf::Rolf:

^^ @ArcticFire

A few years ago my MINI dealership got rid of its dedicated service desk and technicians, and merged with the main BMW dealership.

The service went from fantastic to appalling immediately. The service manager was very apologetic - they just took no care of the car when it was there - but his excuse was amazing. It is etched into my memory years later...

'We mainly deal with company cars Sir, so I'm afraid our technicians get used to customers just wanting the car back as quickly as possible. MINI owners are generally private purchases, and it's taking us a while to get used to that.'

Just amazing. After a few months the dedicated MINI service department (which is in a different building) was re-opened. I can only guess how many complaints they had...

Shocking, but it shows the mentality. Company money, we don't need to care as the owners don't. No wonder future owners who are misled into believing that BMW is a 'quality' brand have so many reliability issues.

8. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I was in a 3 Series the other Friday.

Why would anyone pick that over an Accord? It aint a patch on the Accord - for one interior quality is miles behind.

Sorry it's a German car so I must be wrong. :Rolf:

9. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Don't know really, it's not exactly bad but I wouldn't consider it premium. It certainly doesn't feel as robust as a honda.

10. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I know on company lease schemes they are almost given away but certainly doesn't feel worth the retail price or up to the standards of Honda fittings it is reasonably well screwed together but the materials don't feel the same to me.

11. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I get the feeling they can offer such good leases because of the residual value afterwards. For me I would only get a straight six engine from then as they seem the most reliable and the only ones really worth it because of the power and attractive bik values. The lesser engines don't interest me, I'd get a CR-V instead.

But if Honda being out an Accord alternative in two years time then I'd be looking at that. May consider a CR-V for the practicality due to increased family but I feel I would miss the performance which I could have with a 330D tourer which would also give me the practicality. But only as a business lease, would never buy one.

John Dickson likes this.
  12. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You're probably right there Graham it's the residuals. Let's face it you could be selling the roughest condition BMW ever and there would still be a queue waiting to pay top dollar (and possibly more) for it.

Honda have put themselves I a bit of a catch 22 situation. They don't want to flood the market with corporate, or to a lesser extent personal, leases as this then has a knock on effect on residuals once the lease term is over.

However is not doing this realty doing them any favours anyway? :detective: