Optional Extras Bonnet Bra/Cover

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by TheDarkKnight, Sunday 26th May, 2013.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Seen one on ebay for about £40.

Black, so would disguise neatly with the car. Reckon it is worth a punt?

Appreciate thoughts/feedback before I get my wallet out!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. declanswan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

If left on your car for a long period of time it can actually damage the paintwork, due to the damp that hets caused.

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

5. jaytip Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think it looks ok, but I don't think the area of protection extends up the bonnet enough.
    I would get the 3M/ ventureshield stuff applied. It is all but invisible and is a tried and tested product.

6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Had a look at those, but no one ships to the UK and is pricey too.

Yes the 3M stuff I am having done to the bumper - can't stretch the budget sadly to include the bonnet/wings so will only have the bumper done.

What I really wanted was this:

2013 Honda CR-V - Accessory Detail - Official Honda Site

Utterly absurd that Honda UK do not stock/list this item for sale in the UK, when its a basic accessory that fits any 2013 CR-V no matter the country.

I found this on ebay : click

Might opt for this as its a lot cheaper and does the same thing.

7. excel monkey Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Epsom
    I think bonnet bras look ridiculous on any car.

With a higher front end, the CR-V is less susceptible to stone chips than a normal car. My 140k mile CR-V only has two or three.

Save your money and buy a touch-up pen.

8. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Touch up pen I have already - I agree, the higher bonnet is unlikely to sustain much damage but prevention is always better than cure I guess, hence why a b/bra in black would have discreetly been fitted to my black CR-V and not look as hideous as it does on other vehicles.

I'm awaiting a reply from Honda UK about the Hood Air Deflector - thats my preferred item if they can ensure its "buyable" in the UK.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    TDk Honda UK and Honda access are doing a internal survey gathering information from all it dealers what accessories need attention and which need modification or even create a new ones. So I urge others to give the feedback if you want a bigger CR-V range.

10. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've been told I will get a reply by the end of the week whether this part is available - total no brainer that such a simple, plastic, non-moving homogenous part is available in North America but not here. I made it abundantly clear to HUK that this practice is beyond the pale of stupid.

Not sure on my US plans yet, hence why I want to buy now, not later.

What has irked me even more about this process is twofold - I'm not prepared to pay over the odds for it via ebay and equally obstinate are Honda USA who will not ship outside of the USA. No justification for these positions whatsoever. Given the pain-free buying process I had with the CR-V, this component buying process has cheesed me off to no end. :Angry:

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    one of minimise the damage to the front end of the car is to maintain a 3 second gap to the vehicle in front of you, on motorways ..simples.

12. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice idea, but pointless when mindless morons decide to cut in....

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I know but drop back again you won't get anywhere quickly but you will save damage to your car.

14. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well Honda UK have until the end of tomorrow to get my reply to me - if they can/won't sell me that deflector then I may just opt for the b/bra as its an awful lot cheaper.

Just means I will have to take it off on a semi-regular basis to ensure it is kept clean and also keep the bonnet clean too. We shall see.

15. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just put some blue and red flashing LEDs on the front You'll find people will kindly move out the way then :Grin:

16. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

:Rolf:

I think I may also have to pull over if I get gripped with those sort of chav-lights! Oops, I mean Police lights!

17. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As expected, Honda UK failed to contact me in regards to my enquiry....sigh.

18. Slimbaldy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Leeds
    I've been thinking of a bra myself, not a training one but one for the CR-V. I drive in a quarry daily and also it would reduce damage when loading long items on the roof bars! I have seen carbon fibre effect ones on eBay. I have a flashing beacon on the inside of the windscreen but unfortunately it's amber and doesn't make people move out of the way.

19. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★