Boot floor - where the disease began?

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2007-2015)' started by Eck, Monday 12th Sep, 2016.

1. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had an item in the 4th generation Jazz section regarding the boot floor being very flimsy - revealed when a full size spare carried.

My wife has just bought a very good second hand 3rdgeneration Si (see garage) and lo and behold it has the possible origins of the extremely flimsy boot floor when a full size spare is carried!!

Horrible horrible shameful Honda. Soichiro must be birlin in his grave!!

But at least in this Jazz I can buy a better floor - cost only around £700 from Honda or £50 - £60 on ebay, what do you think I should do?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    £700!!! You can buy a second gen for that money and carry all the shopping and sparewheel in that.

4. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

want another laugh - asked dealer for price of jack, go on you must believe it is worth £115. alternatively ne on ebay for £29 incl post.

5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

For someone buying a £12,000 car £115 is small change but on a used car it doesn't make sense. Jack is a jack, as long it's not £5 and not made out of wood it should do its job. I have previously bought jack from different manufacturers that suited the weight of the car.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Try buying the 7th Generation tourer air pump item 1 is over 350 quid. The Jack is £128 quid.

B__4400.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Do you know of any car manufacturer whose parts are dirt cheap ?

legend-ary likes this.
  8. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Lada? :lol: you can find them almost every ditch in Russia