Body, Paint & Styling Boot locker / Wheel well.

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Scholester, Saturday 28th Jan, 2012.

1. Scholester Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,
    should my ignition key open the boot locker or should there be a seperate key?
    I have tried both ignition keys as supplied with the car but they don't seem to want to fit the lock!
    Any suggestions?
    :Messed:

2. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    i would suggest that it needs cleaning out. i presume you mean the lock on the boot floor? its common for them to get filled with crud and not want to open.

3. Scholester Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Beefy - yes the boot floor lock. I ashve peered into the lock orrifice and it seems clean but maybe there is a foriegn object lodged deep within?
    I will hoke a bit of wire down it in the morning and see how we get on.

By the way just bought this - eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace and it is excellent!

Will let you know how my lock picking skills go in the morning.............

4. Scholester Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tried to reply but not sure what happened so may be two posts from me saying the same thing!?

The lock did look clear but I will investigate further again in the morning.

On a side note, I took delivery of this today eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace and it is great!!!

5. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The easiest way I've found to clean the lock out on mine is place a vacuum cleaner hose over the lock.

6. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    it was a while ago but ime sure they can be dismantled in order to clean it out without unlocking it. ile have a little search

7. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Didn't know this locked as I have a cover over it...just been outside to see lol.

8. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    SEA5E44J26200049667KDAD01.
    this picture may help the pannel closest the back seats just clips in and you can remove the two 10mm nuts. ime sure you can then lift the lockable pannel out and then clean the lock out propperly

Ichiban likes this.
  9. Scholester Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Right,
    Not sure why, but the lock will not accept the key (gave it a hoke round with pin and a hoover out) but this did not seeem to matter as it mustn't have been locked. The lip of the wheel cover was sitting snuggly under the Ali trim at the tailgate hatch and when gently persuaded it came away!
    Thanks for all your replys, I guess it will just have to stay unlocked under the boot tray.
    Steve.

10. buchanan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Boot locker? I must have a look! :Messed:

11. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Guess what i'll be looking at in the morning.