Pre-Facelift Model boot open button not working

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Nelf, Monday 27th Oct, 2014.

1. Nelf Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Neil Sheffield
    Hi all,

Came to use the button on the drivers door to open the boot and nothing, I also remember there was a slight click (or at least a resistance felt through the button when it worked last time, this is now gone and it simply pushes with no feel or resistance - Has anyone else had any problems with it?

Its under Honda warranty so I'm not too concerned but interested to hear if its a potentially simple issue to solve or a nightmare to fix.

Thanks

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Not sure about that one Neil, hopefully one of the 8th Generation guys will be along soon to answer your query

Last edited: Monday 27th Oct, 2014
  3. JAB Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had the same problem a few months ago, the boot would not open with the drivers door release switch or the catch on the boot itself.
    It turned out that the" chauffeur" switch on the right inside the glove box had been unintentionally moved.

Check this out before investigating further.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  4. Nelf Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

JAB - You are a legend! It seams I also did exactly that LOL.

5. JAB Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Excellent, only too pleased to help. I know how frustrating it is not being able to access the boot.

6. Nelf Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tell me about it, for the last week I have had to use the button on the key - OK when you are outside the car, but when you pull up to pick your wife up and she wants to put something into the boot, its rather annoying.

As a side note, only yesterday was I admiring the pics of your car in the gallery and began wondering how much a set of those face lift wheels would cost me, very nice.