Body, Paint & Styling Boot opening by itself

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by AccordCU2, Friday 9th Jan, 2015.

1. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Have bit of a strange one here.
    This has happened before(2 times) but it did not bother me since car was on my driveway and nobody took anything out of the car.
    This time though i am a bit concerned,left the car in Brum close to mate house and went to work.
    When i came back boot was open.

I locked the car when i left so something is causing boot to open by itself. I am sure nobody tried to open it with force or anything like that.
    Question is what can i check and prevent this happens again?I presume there is some kind of switch or something,anybody know where it is?

Many thanks

2. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    There's a switch in the glovebox, preventing from opening the boot with the main unlocking switch.

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hey @i-DSI

I am aware of switch in the glovebox. I am trying to find out why the boot is opening by itself and what can i check/clean/repair to stop it happening again.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Is it possible that you are activating the button when you put the keys in your pocket after locking the car?

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No Nels

I came back from work today to find boot open and keys for the car were on dashboard of my van.
    Something weird is happening and i have no idea what.

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I'm not sure what it could be then. :Unknown: I'll have a think about it. We'll have to see if anyone else has had the same problem.
    Any ideas @Staff ?

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Talked to Speedy,he thinks it might be damaged wiring somewhere.
    It does not bother me when car is on my driveway but when is left somewhere else unattended that worries me.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I am Stumped you need to lock the entire car and observe what happens bud.

9. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lol might put 24 hour surveillance on it.
    It's random and happened 3 times in past few months.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Lock it and see If body tapping is triggering the boot opening.

11. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hmm I did try shaking the car and pushing the boot down.
    Will try tapping it.
    Thanks

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    This is one of the weirdest issues I've heard mate, together with the occasional engine starting problem you have - I think you have some weird underpinning electrical fault - is there any other electrical symptoms? If we can find more then chances are it's from a centralised system ie. ECU or MICU.

13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I was just guessing at damaged wiring. It is a very odd issue. It's not going to be an easy one to get to the bottom of.

14. Kieren Shepherd Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kieren
    I found this was happening to me a couple times a week, realised I must have been hitting the boot release button on the door when i was getting out of the car. Now i'm super cautious of it when leaving and I havent had any problems!

I have found the door button to be a bit too soft and easy to push (if that makes sense!)