Body, Paint & Styling Boot spoiler

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Nighthawk, Wednesday 10th Sep, 2014.

1. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Ok, so I have the little boot lip on my car as per my pictures, I have been offered the other OEM boot spoiler, same as in these pics

Accord • Honda Karma

Do the OEM third brake light spoiler line up and slot straight into the current holes which the small boot lip on is secured to or does it need extra holes. I believe it slips straight in, but not sure.

Anyone know?

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I'm not 100%, but I believe the OEM spoiler sits further back than the dovetail spoiler holes would be.

@tee recently brought an Accord where one had been fitted aftermarket, and it's sitting right at the edge - doesn't look right compared to @SpeedyGee's in the OEM position.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    If you look at the boot lid there are two little dimples. This is where the holes should be drilled for the OEM boot spoiler. I would think that that small lip spoiler won't be anywhere near those two holes, so you would have to drill them.

I shall try and remember to take some pictures of the dimples this evening.

4. Nighthawk Guest

Thanks gents, and if you can find the time speedy, I would appreciate that.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Memory like a sieve ... sorry totally forgot about taking a photo :Nuts:

6. Nighthawk Guest

No worries mate, thanks anyway

7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Don't know if these will help or not sorry it's dark outside had to do these under the security light. The spoiler sits about 40mm from the back of the boot.
    image. image.

Ichiban likes this.
  8. Nighthawk Guest

Cheers for that, doesnt look like I will be able to do it without filling in and painting the existing holes and making new ones. It was an idea, but not worth it if I am going to do it properly.

Thanks anyways everyone

MickyB likes this.
  9. tee Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mr T Birmingham
    Yeah mine is after-market but it looks odd because it hangs past the boot lid. I had a go at taking it off but that things is stuck fast.. decided to leave it be until @SpeedyGee and I can come up with a better solution. Brute force didn't cut the mustard :Frown:

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

@tee your actual spoiler is OEM, it's just the fitting has done sometime recently and in a dodgy manner. IIRC it has one bolt each side and an excessive amount of some strong adhesive applied between it and the boot lid :Blink:

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Heat gun would probably do the trick but no telling if the paint will come away unscathed.

12. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

On the 6th Generation there were two spots which were the mounting points for the spoiler which made my job a lot easier. It was pretty inconspicuous and I only noticed it when I started cleaning the latching area. The material was a hard silicone type material under the metal so try feeling for it?