Aftermarket Kit Boot tray with bumper protection

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Monday 25th Aug, 2014.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Can anyone recommend a boot tray that preferably has a pull out bumper protector? Looking for rubber and not fabric though :Smile:

2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Based on the genuine Honda boot tray I have in my Accord, I'd go genuine Honda if you can - it really is a good thing, fits perfectly and is very robust.

HH have this for the CR-V, but no bumper protection option on their eBay site. Maybe give them a ring and see if there was a genuine option, as with the Accord Tourer accessory? I've been trying to find a shot in the various CR-V brochures that are posted in the CR-V section, but can't see anything...

Honda CR-V 2007-2012 Genuine Boot/Cargo Tray | eBay

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Cheers. Really need the bumper protection as he's only a Beagle so his hoofs will claw the paintwork!

4. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I think I may have to go for a genuine one as these 3rd party ones seems to all be a slightly different cut despite claiming to be for the 3rd Generation CR-V.

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I'd go for genuine personally but bear in mind your beagles claws would also cut into that, pretty sure they're thick plastic. Probably best to get a rubber liner of some sorts just to use with the dog within the tray and for covering the paintwork.

6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Ordered a genuine one today. Already discovered the front left parking sensor is faulty and i can see little marks on it. It was turned off during test drive because of trade plates. Shouldn't be an issue though and expect it will be covered under warranty.

There's already something else which I'm disgusted at, very disappointed with Honda and it's taken me straight back to six years ago. I'll post up later.

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Yeah the warranty should have your back on any little bits like that :Smile:

You've sparked my intrigue here mate, interested to here what the story is.

8. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    HH Genuine boot tray should arrive tomorrow :Smile: Not worried about marks from dog, that's its job! lol And fortunately, I don't need to get the bumper protect as my bumper isn't painted and the flat top part isn't great anyway so I'm not going to worry.

DeviateDefiant and FirstHonda like this.
  9. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    It's arrived :Aghast:

The Ebay ones said they would come rolled up and you'd have to wait for them to return to shape, so I'm glad I went with Holdcroft Honda.

Boot%20Tray.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

That's a fairly big package, looking forward to some installation shots :Smile: Graham, you should get a proper project log going for the car - there's a ton of different threads about it at the moment. I'm happy to merge them all for you if you like.

11. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Wow that is an impressive package you have there sir :eek:

12. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Hehe why thank you!

I ain't doing an install thread, it took 4 seconds to slide it in! Lol

13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I more meant in general for the car's log/future as a whole.

14. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I'm really hoping I don't have to get under this car much but I don't mind if you want to merge, blend, shake and stir my posts up! lol

I'll tutorial the dash cam installation and also the gear gaiter.

15. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Well it's just easier to maintain one thread as a log, we're trying to encourage people to keep a nice chronological history of their cars.

If you create a garage item I can do the rest, on that note if your CL9 hasn't been moved from the AOC yet, it will still be done at some point.