Engine & Gearbox Bosch spark plugs

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by simbac, Monday 5th Aug, 2013.

1. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    hie forum, has any one ever used Bosch spark plugs on a CL9 Accord??

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It advisable to use Japanese plugs in Japanese cars . NGK are preferred Plugs to use. Bosch are cack won't even run a lawnmower with it.

3. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    lol really??? so i can't use them temporarily waiting for my ngk iridium to arrive. will they do any harm to the car

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You can use them for a short duration ..but use the original plugs for a bit longer until your NGK plus arrive. Why change it twice do it once?

5. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    spark plugs

Hie guys, got a question need to be sure before i damage my motor. i ordered spark plugs form CL9 and got the following spark plugs posted to me

4 x NGK Iridium Spark Plugs Honda Accord 2 4 Estate MK VIII 2003 2007 | eBay

Now the problem is the stock plugs i removed from my car are the OEM ones and i understand they are IZFR6K-11. On comparison the new ebay plugs appeared a bit shorter than the OEM ones. My question is will these plugs work on my accord without any problems since they are said to be working on the 2004 accord. Will they damage my motor if i put them. Please help cause they were expensive and i can't return them now.
    the part number for the new plugs is BKR6EIX-11

Last edited: Monday 19th Aug, 2013
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: spark plugs

Why have you started this thread when you have an existing thread for plugs? It would have been better placed there buddy?

7. jayok Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Errr... not sure where to reply, but these are not correct for your car. I wouldn't use them.

Some more research and I see it. These are for the Honda Accord USA (V6) not the equivalent over there which they call an Acrua TSX. They also fit the Goldwing and some of the EG Civics.

Last edited: Wednesday 21st Aug, 2013
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

merging thread as this question has been answered with the correct plugs to use.